Elise Whole30 & dragging husband along!!

PonyLove

Derval.. another day goes by & I've probably had about 200mls.. And I wrote that only a few hours ago!

I am hopeless! I am going to the gym now & I'll be so dehydrated!!

We need a better plan to form the water drinking habit.. you know what they say about horses.. perhaps I've been spending too much time with mine..? hehe

Day 25.. Tomorrow presents a new challenge.

My husband's grandma passed on Wednesday :( so we have to fly to Brisbane for the funeral & surrounding events.

This means a 6am flight for which we will have to leave home at 3:45am.. :blink:

Our flight home after it all doesn't leave Brissy until 9pm, so I have to prepare & pack all 3 meals tonight. We have a breakfast with extended family on arrival.. I hope I don't annoy anyone when we bring our own food. We have pre-warned..

Plan..

Breakfast

Burrito wrapped in foil to eat on arrival (7:30am).

Ingredients - Home made herbie meatballs wrapped in thin omlette.

Blueberries, strawberries, banana (1/2 each)

Lunch

Chicken & Avocado Caesar Salad (with prosciutto)

Pear

Dinner

Nicoise Salad - Canned tuna, boiled egg & grilled veg (zucchini, red capsicum, asparagus)

Snacks

Goji berries, mixed nuts, shredded coconut

Drinks - We can buy on the road, coffee, water etc. (I will pack a little tupperware container for coconut milk)

I am going to try the recipe for creamer posted on Whole 9 today.. coconut milk, egg, coconut oil & vanilla...if it works i'll take a container of it.

Lots of prep to do tonight.. Getting home to my bed at midnight after a 3:45am start... priceless! ;)

Week 4 – Wrapped up with a breakfast burrito (Short report cause I'm two days off the finish & I will have A LOT to say then.)

Day 29.. Almost done. How do I feel about this?? In a word. Conflicted. :huh:

How will I do without the rules? Do I even want any of the stuff I used to eat?

I'm a little anxious but I feel I still have time because I plan to 'test' foods as suggested in ISWF over the 10 days following my W30.

Things I have learned this week

My Danger Zone – I am most likely to be tempted into eating junk when I am tired or feeling overwhelmed. Another reason to be diligent in staying on track with meal preparations and planning.

Some people are awesome.. Some are not.

Some people are naturally supportive . Some people are naturally destructive.

Some people are generally interested in what you are doing.. Some people are not.

Of those people.. some are not interested simply because they can't do it.

Some think you are mad & why would you give up everything.

Favourite Meals

Lime & Ginger Shrimp (Well Fed), served on a bed of saute red & green cabbage & chinese brocoli

Prawn Curry Soup – I seriously made up this recipe on the spot. It was delicious!

Lamb Chops with smashed pumpkin & silverbeet with home made mint sauce (from the garden).. This reminded me of eating with my daddy.. :(

Breakfast Burrito – Herbie meatballs, chopped up with home made mayo wrapped in an egg wrap & a few layers of iceberg lettuce to make it easy to hold. I needed something that could be prepared the night before, alarms went off at 3:15am to catch a 6am flight. We ate the burrito at the airport upon arrival. Everyone was admiring our food.

2 days to go.. 2 days to go..

Undoubtedly this has changed my life... how much? stay tuned.

It's done!

Holy crap! Day 31

Yesterday I went into a minor panic stage wondering if I could survive without the rules? What do I do now? Do I want to change anything? No.. not really.

Anyway.. I summed up my Whole30 experience complete with physical stats in Success Stories. I believe my husband and I are a sucess story!

I started reintroduction today.. I will log the results.

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/3859-husband-wife-changed-for-life/

Archived