Started Whole 30 Journey on 19 Aug

20meals

Hi there, I'm Alex! I TOO am starting today August 19th. I am about to hit the farmer's market for a ton of veggies then the supermarket for some eggs. I'll share any recipes if you do as well!

Started my day with my green smoothie, that's all I have so far.

Best of luck!

Hi there, I'm Alex! I TOO am starting today August 19th. I am about to hit the farmer's market for a ton of veggies then the supermarket for some eggs. I'll share any recipes if you do as well!

Started my day with my green smoothie, that's all I have so far.

Best of luck!

Hi AOndik

Unfortunately smoothies are not recommended on Whole30 for two reasons - they tend to be fruit heavy, and when taken in the morning as you have done, cause a spike in blood sugar which is followed by a crash, and also because they are less satiating then actually eating food as it is the act of chewing that kick starts the digestion process - so effectively the go through the system without the body having really been aware that you'e 'eaten'.

Here's the official take on it:

Smoothies: We’d rather you didn’t

This is a very popular question, with a very unpopular answer. Smoothies (generally made using lots of fruit) are technically compliant on your Whole30, but we strongly recommend against it. Food that you drink sends different satiety signals to your brain than food that you chew. So when you drink your meal, your brain isn’t getting the feedback it needs to tell your body that it’s had enough of what it needs. Plus, smoothies are generally really fruit-heavy, and starting your day off with a liquid sugar-bomb sets you up for cravings, hunger, and volatile energy levels throughout the day. In summary, we’d rather you just eat the food, and skip the smoothie.

LOL You confused me with your name change!

You don't HAVE to eat eggs at breakfast. The best thing you can do is to start thinking in terms of meal 1, meal 2 & meal 3 - anything you eat at meal 2 or 3 can also be eaten at meal 1.....

Take a look at this thread for some inspiration, or google 'Whole30' + 'non egg breakfast' and you should get plenty of ideas...

Archived