Start day August 21, and worried!

Sabrina8

HI everyone. I generally don't take the time to become part of discussion forums but I also have struggled with my health and food choices since I learned about the Paleo Diet. I don't have support, I live with a boyfriend who does not agree with the way I make goals and challenge myself, so it gets hard to keep up my willpower. It doesn't help that I have been sick for so long that I don't know what it's like to feel good so every time I try to make healthy choices I feel like nothing happens, (probably doesn't help that my 'healthy food choices' never really last very long).

But this time is different! I am going to use this site as support and remember to read the blog and comments on how everyone else is doing to help me keep my momentum. I want to feel better, and it's time to really try to change.

You may want to consider getting the daily emails as well. I got them for my 2nd Whole 30 and found I was looking forward to that email full of motivation and information every morning, and clicking the "I did it" button after completing every day.  $15 well spent!

take each day as it comes. you'll do fantastic!

Welcome Sabrina!  I'm just finishing up my first whole30 (Day 34, i think.....I decided to extend until September 1st because I felt so great) and I am so glad I took a chance on this.  It is challenging at times, and I really had to develop some self-discipline because friends and family aren't always great at being supportive. Once I got past that first week or so (and the first time I ate out with friends), I began to realize that I needed to own the program.  I stopped feeling awkward or guilty about complicating our orders or asking questions...I was feeling to good to care.  It felt SO amazing to finally set a goal and follow through with it with every choice and meal I ate...and eventually, you really begin to experience the physical benefits to match the emotional & mental victories.  I hope you experience the same.

A couple of things that really helped me, other than the forum:

1) The Daily e-mails...I debated whether emails were worth $15, but I really did begin to look forward to good information and acknowledging each day that I had completed another day on the program (it's a button at the end of the e-mail and leads to silly encouragement).  It really made a difference to me.

2)  The Whole30 book...a lot of the info is on the website, but for me I really found myself flipping through it almost religiously the first week or so.  It was helpful to have a roadmap all laid out for me in one book.

3) Regular involvement on one of the discussion forums...hearing others stories (frustrations, temptations, challenges, and victories) helped me to see my own issues with a better perspective and stronger resolve.

Hope that helps and that you have a truly life-changing whole30  :D

Hi sabrina! I am new to all this as well and starting Saturday! I'll go food shopping tomorrow but my plan is ready. My boyfriend is also not terribly supportive. He says he will try but I have a feeling he'll be done around day 4. Only good thing is I do most of the cooking so he will have to eat what I eat for dinners at least. But I am notorious for quiting things shortly after I start so I'll be turning to the forum a lot too. Happy to help motivate you if you need it!

Archived