Introduction--Day 1

northwoodsmom8

This is my first day on Whole30.  I'm frightened and excited--[frigcited??  That was coined by someone] and ready to embrace a healthier lifestyle.  I weighed today.  Took my before pictures.  Still need to do my measurements and hopefully will get to that today.  

I'm 53 years old and post-menopausal.  I was recently diagnosed with pre-diabetes with A1C at 6.1.  I need to lose at least 30#'s [40 would be better].  I'm dealing with low vitamin D and B12 [taking oral D and B12 shots per my doctor's recommendations].  I'm eaten up with yeast and on a 3 month anti-fungal [not ideal but my doctor says we must put out the fire]!  I'm absolutely miserable; however, the desire to tickle my tastebuds has trumped my resolve to eat healthier.  I'm hoping that as of today I will be wholeheartedly committed to what I need to do to change my health since I'm very desperate to feel better.

I bought the "Daily" subscription and look very forward to connecting with you all during these 30 days.

Susan

How have your first two days been? I just finished my first week today! I've found that planning my meals three or four days at a time makes it much easier. I also got the daily newsletter, and I look forward to reading it first thing every morning :) Good Luck!

NamasteJudy--Going pretty good. Thanks for asking.  I have a headache but other than that I'm feeling good and haven't hit the "not motivated" stage yet. How is it going for you?  Can you tell me about your first week, symptom-wise?   MeadowLily--Thanks for the encouraging words!   :)  :)  :) 

Make sure you're drinking at least half an ounce of water per pound of body weight, and including at least a fist sized serving of starchy veg daily. The water will help with the headache & the starch will help with the transition away from sugar....

Archived