Pre & PostWO snacks make all the difference!

kruddock

The kale/squash/egg skillet has about an 1/8 of a butternut squash--will that do for a fist sized carb-heavy veg?  Or add more?

I ask b/c I was eating at least 1 sweet potato a day, and when I reviewed my food journal, I judged that it was too much starchy/carb.  Is it the middle way?  ; )

When I do yoga I don't do pre/post because it's against my practice and you are unable to do certain poses.

Sometimes I do Barry's Bootcamp (it's a combination of running intervals, weights, HIIT) or spin during my lunch break. I have no problem fitting in a preWO meal but I usually do a Barry's shake on my way back then 30 mins later eat lunch. I know I cannot do a shake, I would replace it but is it too much to do a postWO then eat a meal within the hour?

When I do yoga I don't do pre/post because it's against my practice and you are unable to do certain poses.

Sometimes I do Barry's Bootcamp (it's a combination of running intervals, weights, HIIT) or spin during my lunch break. I have no problem fitting in a preWO meal but I usually do a Barry's shake on my way back then 30 mins later eat lunch. I know I cannot do a shake, I would replace it but is it too much to do a postWO then eat a meal within the hour?

Today I think I had 20 minutes between my Post WO chicken and yam (about 4 bites of each), and my full Meal 1.

I Crossfit in the evenings. I eat my Post WO chicken & sweet potato at the gym right after the workout then I go home and have Meal 3 within the hour. On those days, I have a more substantial Meal 2 and Meal 3 is at the lower end, just so I am not eating too much before bedtime. This has worked for me so far.

Make sure you follow the meal template very closely, its very important to include Pre & PostWO snacks in addition to your meals and drink lots of water. Expect to see a decline in energy the first week but it will be right back up there once your body normalizes. If you have specific questions, post on the forums.

I am on day 1 of my first whole30 and was ravenous by the end of my morning workout - my breakfast beforehand was a veggie omelet and an apple. I guess it will take a while getting used to! Could it be because of the apple? Maybe i'll switch it for more protein/fats and see how I go. 

I am on day 1 of my first whole30 and was ravenous by the end of my morning workout - my breakfast beforehand was a veggie omelet and an apple. I guess it will take a while getting used to! Could it be because of the apple? Maybe i'll switch it for more protein/fats and see how I go. 

How many eggs were in your omelette? How long after breakfast did you train? It may be that you needed a preWO meal (protein & fat) too - but most likely you needed a postWO meal of protein and starchy carb before having your lunch...

How many eggs were in your omelette? How long after breakfast did you train? It may be that you needed a preWO meal (protein & fat) too - but most likely you needed a postWO meal of protein and starchy carb before having your lunch...

I made it with 2 large - normally have 3 but wasn't feeling the third today which could also be why! Had it around 45mins-1hr preWO and my postWO was tuna and sweet potato before lunch :)

I made it with 2 large - normally have 3 but wasn't feeling the third today which could also be why! Had it around 45mins-1hr preWO and my postWO was tuna and sweet potato before lunch :)

Yep, the lack of protein was quite possibly your problem then.

Skip the fruit pre & postWO as these will restore liver glycogen stores which you want to avoid...

Make sure you are not eating too many nuts, you might improve your energy from other fat sources. Nuts can cause digestive upset.

Thanks, yeah i've heard that! Today I had 3 eggs scrambled with tomato, 1/2 an avocado and a bit of coconut. Will see how I fare today :)

Okay so following that higher fat-higher protein breakfast I am happy to report that this mornings workout was a lot more successful! Hunger didn't strike until about 10-15 minutes before I finished my cool down which is a vast improvement on yesterday. Of course it could be partially psychological, but i'll take it either way. Just chowed down my postWO tuna and sweet potato and feeling good! 

Archived