Dental Surgery on Sept 3rd...need guidance

NY2LA2MONTREAL

Hi,

This is a time sensitive request...

I looked up dental surgery and diet, but what I read doesn't meet my prescription for "What can I eat?" after my dental surgery this coming Thursday.

This is what my instructions say:

" WHAT CAN I EAT?

Day 1:  Restrict your diet to cold or lukewarm and soft foods such as ice cream, yogurt, pudding, and purees.

Day 2-7:  You may eat foods such as soup, egges, minced meat, fish, well-cooked vegetables, lentils, pasta and rice."

As you can see, Day 1 is my problem.    This will be DAY 22 of my first WHOLE 30 and I DO NOT WANT TO SCREW ANYTHING UP...

Any suggestions are greatly welcomed.....

Bone broth is always good.  I've been eating a sweet potato/coconut milk puree that's pretty tasty.  Maybe make a pureed veggie soup (cauliflower works well).  Good luck with your procedure.  

I don't have a supply of bones to make the broth....but having said that where is the protein.  Will a lack of protein for 1 day screw up the program???????

Day 1 says you can have purees, so how about for one day you resort to smoothies & pureed soups? I know that most people put powdered protein in their smoothies, but I have always figured that those things are #1 expensive and #2 processed (never seen one yet in nature) so ages ago I started throwing raw eggs into my smoothies. If you find the yolk texture to be a bit weird, then just throw in the egg white, which you won't even notice. The only other thing I can think of for pureed protein would be pureed chicken livers (they puree really well, in fact.... a whole other long story as to why I know that!) but I'm not sure I'd try it unless you have a long and fond relationship with chicken livers. LOL! What kind of blender do you have? A Blendtec or a Vitamix would handle it just fine if you tossed in ingredients for, say, chicken veg soup, and pureed it. If you need some smoothie recipes that aren't all fruit, let me know.

Day 1 says you can have purees, so how about for one day you resort to smoothies & pureed soups? I know that most people put powdered protein in their smoothies, but I have always figured that those things are #1 expensive and #2 processed (never seen one yet in nature) so ages ago I started throwing raw eggs into my smoothies. If you find the yolk texture to be a bit weird, then just throw in the egg white, which you won't even notice. The only other thing I can think of for pureed protein would be pureed chicken livers (they puree really well, in fact.... a whole other long story as to why I know that!) but I'm not sure I'd try it unless you have a long and fond relationship with chicken livers. LOL! What kind of blender do you have? A Blendtesec or a Vitamix would handle it just fine if you tossed in ingredients for, say, chicken veg soup, and pureed it. If you need some smoothie recipes that aren't all fruit, let me know.

Yes please

Archived