Any foreigners here?

lineiwien

Hi everyone.

So I'm a Norwegian living in Vienna, Austria, and I'm starting my second attempt on whole30 today. First round I got to day 10, but the whole time I was on heavy pain medication, including injections (no cortisone), and even though I felt a little better, I felt like the pain meds took away from the experience. Today would have been day 16, but I'm making it day 1, no pain meds (hope it stays that way) and going full force ahead. (day 12-15 are were not whole30, as I was going off the pain meds)

I'm wondering if there are other people from outside the US/Canada, here to share the experience of not finding any of the options you have in the States. Or, if you have found something, please share.

Ex. I'm having a hard enough time just finding bacon in this country, there is no way I'll find it without sugar. And that goes for a lot of stuff, there are no options.

I'm British and I don't really use a lot if the things people talk about here (Lara bars, coconut aminos etc). I just buy meat, fish, shellfish, offal, eggs, olive oil (light and extra virgin), stock (if I haven't made my own...mainly from chicken carcasses), butter to make ghee, veg and fruit (mainly for my son). I cook everything we eat and it is doable. I've found aldi to be great for many things (bacon, smoked salmon, frozen prawns...)

I'm Scottish and living in Switzerland. No lara bars or anything to be found here as well as no soy or other nasties in tuna. Most people still cook everything from scratch here, ready meals are still very uncommon. I buy most of my food straight from the farm which is wonderful.

I'm from Ireland, and like Loulabelle & BritishGal I don't buy any of the fancy stuff. I keep it simple, buy all my meat, veg & fruit from farm shops, fish from a local fishmonger & prep a few types of meat/fish & a variety of veg at the weekend & put meals together that way, with some tinned fish, salad veg & home made mayo/sauces thrown in for good measure.

It saves reading labels!

Archived