First Day

jar2005

Already notice a change and it's just been one day... not even 24 hours. I am retaining so much less water. My fingers and wrists are so much thinner than they were yesterday. It was a good day. I think I ate more that I needed to... but didn't eat things that weren't compliant. I need to be mindful of stopping when I am full.

Breakfast

2 scrambled eggs, sauteed red pepper, mushrooms, onion and tomatoes with chopped basil. Cooked eggs and veggies with olive oil. Black coffee.

Lunch

Big salad with arugula, Applegate salami, red pepper, artichoke hearts, celery, tomatoes, olives. Lots of water.

Dinner

Bottom Round Roast braised with tomato paste, beef broth, mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Broccoli sauteed in oilve oil with garlic.  

2 Nectarines topped with coconut, almond meal, salt, cinnamon and coconut oil and baked. Lots of water.

Yay. Way to go on day 1 :D

If you include the estimated measurements, using the meal template, you can gain some specific advice from the moderators as you go along about whether you're eating enough and such. I know I had no idea about it at first. Nice variety of food though, that's way more prepared than I was my first day. :D

Thanks Zyriel.

I know what the portion sizes should be... I just don't stop eating when I'm full... I'm overweight, not just because of what I eat.. but because of the amount I eat and why I eat.... it's a complicated issue... but I can untangle it if I work at it.. one knot at a time.  :)

What I'm suggesting is you might not be over-eating. Being sure you are using the template as you post your food log will allow a moderator to weigh in on that after a few days, and perhaps ease your mind, or provide suggestions, one way or the other.

Thanks for that feedback. I really do appreciate it. The meal template says 1-2 portions... and yesterday, I ate the higher amount... even though I was full with one portion... I just eat beyond what my body is telling me it wants. I will start using the template portions in my food log. 

Day 2

Breakfast

homemade almond milk with frozen cherries blended to make a smoothie. Half hand full of almonds. Black coffee.

Lunch

6 very large leaves of romaine lettuce topped with a cup of chopped cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup of chopped onions, a clove of chopped garlic, and palm sized browned ground beef  crumbles seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper.

Dinner

Leftover bottom round roast (palm and a half sized piece) and broth with tomato paste, salt, pepper, garlic, mushrooms, onions, celery, carrots

One big stalk of broccoli, roasted until crisp with olive oil, salt and pepper

Baked potato topped with some olive oil, salt and pepper

Really feeling so hungry for the vegetables and enjoying them. 

Day 2

Breakfast

homemade almond milk with frozen cherries blended to make a smoothie. Half hand full of almonds. Black coffee.

Hey there

You maybe don't realise this but smoothies are strongly discouraged on Whole30 for a number of reasons - they are much less satiating due to the fact that it is the act of chewing which kick starts the digestion process, and because they tend to be fruit heavy, which is not a great start to the day given the effect that fructose can have on blood sugars having fasted overnight... They also don't meet the recommended template of protein, fat & veg. Nuts are a fat source on Whole30, and fruit should not push the veggies off of your plate. Your meal one was basically fruit & fat which I'm pretty sure did not leave you saitiated for 4-5hrs.

Try to make meal one just like your other meals - anything you eat for meals two or three you can also eat for meal one.

I thought I posted Day 3 food and now I don't see it... and I threw out the paper that I wrote it on... so here is what I think I ate

Scrambled eggs, bacon, pan roasted peaches and pan roasted broccoli.

Cashews and some raisins. I ate lunch but have forgotten what it was. 

Sausage, peppers , onions, olive oil, tomato sauce, garlic. Big salad with tomatoes, basil, arugula, olive oil, vinegar.

Feeling foggy minded.

Archived