Day 9

TrishaS

Hello Whole 30 group,

I am on day 9 and not experiencing the better sleeping, more energy, and clearer mind that I "should" be experiencing.  Has anyone else felt that it took a bit longer to start feeling better than what the book suggests?

And, I have been totally compliant so it is not caused from cheating!

Advise is welcome.

Hi There,

Please, please, please do keep in mind that this is a 30 day program.  On day 9 of my first whole 30 my desk at work started looking like the most comfortable bed in the world.  I only started to see glimpses of boundless energy (a couple of hours here and there) until day 15.  I did feel good overall, just exhausted.

You can start by giving us a run down of what you are eating for the past few days.  Sometimes it could be as simple as including a starchy veg with your next meal, or increasing your fat.  This is why we ask for details.

Please include portion sizes, water consumption and activity levels to give us a good idea on what could possibly be done to help you.

Monday-

Breakfast- Sweet potato, 2 whole30 sausage patties and 2 eggs   

Lunch- Did not eat

Dinner- 2 whole30 salmon patties along with whole30 cabbage slaw

Snack- 1 apple and 2 tlbs cashew butter

Tuesday

Breakfast- Same as Monday

Lunch- Same as Monday

Snack-Handful of cashews

Dinner- Steak and brussell sprouts

Today-

Breakfast- 2 eggs, 2  whole30 sausage patties

Lunch- Tuna with 2Tlbs of whole 30 mayonnaise

Dinner will be the pork chops with the applesause.

Sorry I forgot the rest.

I am so tired I have not been exercising and I am studying to take the board certification in Occupational Therapy so I am spending a lot of time one the couch.. I am craving coffee, which is weird, so I have been drinking a lot of decaf black coffee.  

Monday-

Breakfast- Sweet potato, 2 whole30 sausage patties and 2 eggs   

Lunch- Did not eat

Dinner- 2 whole30 salmon patties along with whole30 cabbage slaw

Snack- 1 apple and 2 tlbs cashew butter

Tuesday

Breakfast- Same as Monday

Lunch- Same as Monday

Snack-Handful of cashews

Dinner- Steak and brussell sprouts

Today-

Breakfast- 2 eggs, 2  whole30 sausage patties

Lunch- Tuna with 2Tlbs of whole 30 mayonnaise

Dinner will be the pork chops with the applesause.

Ok, food has a cumulative effect on us, so by not eating your lunch for two days in a row your body is lacking fuel.

Whilst the meals that you did eat yesterday & the day before don't look too badly composed your breakfast & lunch today are seriously lacking in vegetables, and you mention no vegetables planned for dinner.

The fact that you have needed to snack each day cements the fact that you are not eating enough. If you must snack (out of hunger rather than boredom make it a snack/mini meal made up of at least two of the three food groups - protein, fats & veg).

So, in summary, eat three template meals 4-5hrs apart each day, the first within an hour of wakening -  be sure to include all components - fat, protein & veg. Be sure to drink at least a half an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily, and don't forget to salt your food.

And remember this is only day 9!

Okay - seriously - you need to eat a lunch.  The fact that you are not eating a lunch is not helping you.

The fact that you are needing to eat a snack is telling me that you need to eat a lunch.

Also I notice a lack of vegetables for today.  Please include a minimum of 1 cup of veggies for each meal.  2 cups is better, 3 cups or more is optimal.  

Please note that although fruit and nuts, and nut butters are complaint they are not ideal snack choices. Nuts and nut butters often contribute to gut disruption. Ideal snack should be protein, fat and vegetable - or at least 2 out of those 3.

Archived