Zyrie's Post Whole30 Log and Reintros

Zyriel

Day 72

• Wake: 8:15am
  • M1: 8:45am to : hot dog (3/4 palm); mustard (thumb); banana (fist); black tea
  • 9:09am - minor lower gi gas
  • M2:???
  • 2pm - Black Forest cookie
  • 3:41pm - not feeling great, but hard to describe. little headachy and fuzzy, tummy doesn't feel right. Too sweet and rich. Feeling mentally exhausted and weird. I'm afraid to eat any more of it. :(
  • M3: 7:30pm to 9pm - ground beef (two palms); green bell pepper (small handful); red pepper (half small handful); onion (half small handful); tomato sauce (half fist); tomato (heaping handful)
  • 11:00pm - upper gi air, pain, eventual jaw pain and headache
  • Bedward:
  • Bed:

Sleep:
Water:
Exercise:

STILL struggling with breakfast. It's crazy. One jumbo hot dog and one banana and I found myself "done" half way through the banana. Although, once again, I'm not eating my meal and then doing things. I'm eating AND doing things. I really need to stop that. I need to get to bed on time and get up and eat in the kitchen. I have a lovely island that looks out on our orchard and the squirrels and the crows and the misty mountain. It's amazing. I need to sit my butt down and enjoy it and eat my food.

The pain after the cookie is classic FODMAP response, now that I know what that is in me. I do think the cookie did me in, but I think it was because of the sugar and the dried cherries.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 73

• 8:55am - lower gi gas
  • Wake: 11:15am
  • M1: 11:20am - pear (half fist)
  • M2: Nothing??
  • M3: 7:30pm - Chicken (two palms); coconut cream (fist); sweet potato (heaping handful); carrots (small handful)

Didn't get much sleep due to indigestion. Woke up and logged into work, then begged off and went back to bed for a few hours. I'm unsure if it was the cookie or something in dinner that did me in. M said he also had indigestion. But I fed him part of the cookie too so it could still be either.

Also, clearly having trouble remembering to log my food lately. Just, fatigued with the tracking. One more week, just one more week. After that I only need to track if I want to test something and theoretically for a short period of time.

Day 74

• Wake: 8:40am
  • M1: ???
  • M2ground beef (palm); green bell pepper (small handful); red pepper (half small handful); onion (half small handful); tomato sauce (half fist); tomato (handful)
  • M3: almonds with truffle oil (small handful); delicata squash (two fists); steak (palm); clarified butter (thumb +); mustard (thumb); water kefir (3/4 cup)

Tomorrow is wine day. We're headed out to one of the local wine regions and going to make a full day of it. And We'll have lamb stew for dinner. mmmm

Day 75
Wine Reintro Day
  • Wake: 9am
  • M1: 10am - eggs (palm); mis of red pepper, sweet pepper and jalapeno (small handful); strawberry kombucha
  • M2: 2pm - hot dog (thumb); mashed white sweet potato with clarified butter and cinnamon (closed handful); truffle marcona almonds
  • M3: 6:30pm - lamb (palm +); white sweet potato (fist); carrots (handful); onion (small handful); broth (2 fists); water

Allll of the wine. We hit 4 wineries I think between 11 and 5:30pm I also had some port with dinner. I suspect this re-intro is more about tomorrow than today. But no notable GI issues.

Day 76

• Wake: 11:16am
  • Super mild headache, doesn't really hurt, bit light headed. Tiniest bit if nausea.
  • M1: lamb (palm); white sweet potato (3/4 fist); carrots (small handful); onion (closed handful); broth (fist and a half); pineapple coconut water kefir
  • 2pm: upper gi air and pain. tried to sooth with grape water kefire but needed regular water. Regular water helped. Definitely feeling a small chemical depression, fatigue, general mild "don't feel good, want to go home and veg"
  • M2: ??? forgot to log it
  • 11pm I look bloated or retaining water. Also have a mild headache. This could be from probiotic drinks, art least in part

So, I didn't feel TERRIBLE today the way everyone describes. I had a minor hangover, really very minor. And had the "borrowed happiness from tomorrow" feeling, the minor chemical depression that usually makes the next day a veg out day. However, I was able to get stuff done anyway. Honestly, I think what happened is that I'm healthier and eating better, and so I was better able to tolerate a day of wine. Amusing.

Day 77

• Wake: 7:30am
  • M1: 8:15am - chicken apple maple sausage (3/4 palm); eggs (3/4 palm); chai
  • 8:20 am - lower gi gas. Not uncomfortable, but noticable
  • passion fruit kombucha
  • M2: 12:30pm - chicken apple maple sausage (3/4 palm); mint chocolate (dairy/soy free, 1 square)
  • 3:15pm - spicy pickled carrot (closed handful); delicata squash with cranberries and some other things on it (heaping handful)
  • M3: 5:30pm - banana; cashew butter; peppermint tea
  • 9:50pm - spicy almonds
  • 10:41pm - mild gas, clearly from the nuts
  • Bedward: 10:30pm
  • Bed: 11:15pm

Regimen is falling apart. I forgot veggies at breakfast. I was really focused on the sausage I wanted to eat. Having D working from home is also going to take some getting used to. But is probably for the best, because he wants to eat well. It's just a lot of responsibility to feed two, where I only needed to feed 1 before. I think I'm going to need his help. He has some ideas though. I think we'll get there. Right now I'm just really run down from the prolonged re-intro. I want it over and done with. I have not reacted to gluten or dairy and I want to stop worrying if there are trace amounts of them in things. I'm hoping I don't react to soy, really  hoping since it's in EVERYTHING. So I can stop worrying. I'm mentally exhausted with this.

Day 78

• Wake: 7:30am
  • M1: 9:00am - white sweet potato with clarified butter and cinnamon (small handful); compliant pepperoni (palm); coffee with sugar (fist)
  • M2: 12:00pm - banana (fist); Justin's brand nutella (two thumbs); hot dog (half palm); coffee with sugar (fist)
  • 7pm to 8:30pm - variuos fermented foods in bit/swallow sized amounts including: alcoholic milk, kimchi, kimchi, kimchi, kimchi radish, pickle, pickle, pickle, pickle, green tomato, mango salsa thing, sauerkraut, sauerkraut, chick pea tempeh, rye bread, cashew butter, cashew butter, yogurt cheese, yogurt cheese, whey, whey, whey, jun, water kefir
  • M3: 9pm to 10:30pm - beef stewed in broth with onions (palm +); delicata squash with cranberries and spices (small handful); white sweet potato with clarified butter and cinnamon (small handful); my OWN kimchi (closed handful)
  • Bedward
  • Bed: 11pm
  • Upper GI air, not a lot nor uncomfortable, but noticable due to monitoring

Sleep: 11:30pm
Water: negligible
Exercise: negligible

Went to ANOTHER Fermentation festival today. Portland is chock full of fermenty goodness. Due to the contents of these ferments it makes it an "off" day. I initially wasn't planning that, but this festival turned out to be a bit different from the last, and was specifically about tasting these things. While I could have stuck to sauerkraut, it would have been too much of a shame to do so. I was scheduled for Soy today, put it off due to the festival, and I think I'm going to put it off one more day to ensure a clean slate, mainly because of the FODMAPS.

Day 79

• Wake: 8:15am - lower gi gurgling and gas, also thirsty (so, dehydrated)
  • 8:50am - lower gi still gurgly
  • M1: 9:25am - hot dog (1/4 palm); pepperoni (1/4 palm); black tea
  • 9:30am - lower gi gas, normal response when I have gas in my system and start eating
  • M2: 12pm - hot dog (1/2 palm); banana (fist); grape water kefir
  • 5:35pm - upper GI pain, sudden onset and kinda hurty.
  • M3: 7:40pm - chicken (1.5 palm); carrots roasted in clarified butter with cinnamon (small handful); boiled baby potatoes with clarified butter (small handful); chicken broth with clarified butter and lemon and rosemary (closed handful); POG water kefir (two fits)
  • Bedward: 10pm
  • Bed: 12pm

Sleep: 7 hrs? maybe less
Water: does water kefire count?
Exercise

Trying to think of all of the potential aggressors that I ate yesterday. All in very small amounts.
  • FODMAPS: cabbage, garlic, bit of onion
  • Dairy: alcoholic milk, cheese
  • Grains: Rye, probably wheat in the rye bread, rice (in the kimchi)
  • Legume: chick-pea (tempeh)

I'm pretty sure it's the galric and maybe cabbage that have my tummy gurgly this morning. But it's good to note what all I know was in those foods. Interestingly, I /think/ all of the foods were soy free. I suppose one of the kimchi might not have been, but the tempeh guy was soy free specifically because HE had trouble digesting it (and had eco concerns about it).

Also, had trouble dragging myself out of bed so didn't eat breakfast right away. Had to sit down to meetings. Did a poor job eating said breakfast, and then again eating at lunch. Ended up definitely hungry at dinner. But dinner was healthy and hearty so it worked out ok in the end.

Day 80

Soy Reintro Day
  • Wake: 8:30am
  • 8:30am - mild headache, skullcap kind, thinking maybe dehydration or overconsumption of water kefir
  • M1: 9:30am - Vanilla Soy Latte (16oz); chicken (palm); carrots roasted in clarified butter with cinnamon (closed handful); boiled baby potatoes with clarified butter (small handful); chicken broth with clarified butter and lemon and rosemary (thumb and a half)
  • 1:22pm - noticed the mild headache is back, feels the same as before, think I'm still dehydrated
  • M2: 1:45pm - cinnamon apple chicken sausages (1.5 palms); edamame with salt (small handful)
  • 2:10pm - upper gi air, not painful but had to do espohageal tricks to allow it to come up
  • M3: 6:00pm - salmon (2 palms); daikon radish (handful); cabbage? (closed handful); seaweed/kelp with sesame seeds (closed handful), chocolate bar with salt and almonds and soy lethicin (palm)
  • Bedward: 11:00pm
  • Bed: 12:00pm

I decided to do soy re-intro today despite waking up with a headache.

The soy milk latte is so much better than the coconut milk lattes were. It's actually drinkable. Largely due to sugar, I suspect. But still. If I had to have it as an alternative latte option, it's workable. I'm not convinced there's a benefit though... drink milk with growth hormones in it, or drink soy with estrogenic hormones in it.

It's weird how guilty I feel intentionally consuming soy. More so than I experienced with grains. I didn't feel guilty with dairy, just joy. :)

Archived