Zyrie's Post Whole30 Log and Reintros

Zyriel

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep,I'm using Applegate Farms too. I check the packages, to be sure, because not all of their products are compliant; but near me there are 4 that are. I have access to Beef Franks, Beef & Pork Franks, Jumbo Beef Franks (the ones Iike best), and some other one that I got once that's somewhere between a sausage and a frank and I think is mixed beef and pork.

I also have compliant sausages from Niman Ranch, though again not all of their products are. But I think 3 of their different sausages are, so... it was a win for me.

I find it frustrating how many prepared meats (dogs/sausage/salami) have dairy in them. And forget trying to avoid garlic. Oy.

Day 53

Dairy - High-Lactose Reintro
  • Wake: 8:20am
  • M1: 8:40am to 11:30am - Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte
  • 9:30am - minor lower GI, generally this is a "day before" type thing so early in the morning
  • M1: 9:34am to 10:16am - beets with olive oil and balsamic vinegar (small handful); chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and cinnamon (3/4 palm)
  • 10:30am - minor upper gi air, no discomfort and it was small bubbles
  • 11:00am - lower GI
  • 1:18pm - Mango Habinero Vinegar seltzer water
  • M2: 2:10pm to 2:40pm - chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and cinnamon (3/4 palm); full fat cottage cheese (small handful); salad greens (two heaping handfuls); slivered almonds (closed handful), Tessamae's balsamic vinaigrette (two thumbs)
  • 3:00 - small bar of milk chocolate
  • 7:00 - square of dark chocolate with sea salt 
  • 7:30 - hot chocolate (fist and a half)
  • M3: 8:00pm - 9:30pm - ham (palm); turnips with salt, pepper, paprika and clove (handful); bacon grease (more than a thumb I'd wager)
  • 10:00pm - vanilla ice-cream (handful)
  • 10:18pm - little bit of lower GI, no discomfort, normal?
  • Bedward:
  • Bed:

Sleep: 8hrs
Water: 20oz
Exercise: little bit of walking around

Well, I found that getting a latte meant that I didn't start eating my breakfast when I should. That is partially because I've gotten into the bad habit of sitting down to work with my breakfast. But I also have been good about eating it in a pretty timely manner so I haven't stopped myself from doing this. But the latte means I had input and just didn't think about my food or eat it, even though it was sitting in front of me. Bad. I know that I have historically replaced breakfast with latte's, so I need to be wary of this if I return to consuming milk.

I ended up drinking the latte from about 8:40am to about 11:30am. This is in part because I got a grande, so there was a lot of it. But the key here is that I was consuming what amounts to food all morning and not giving my digestion and blood sugar a rest. This is notable.

By the time I sat down to lunch, I didn't have trouble with not being hungry though. I was definitely hungry and ready to eat my food, all of it. I was a little worried at first because I felt compelled to eat the cottage cheese before the veggies. But I had no trouble devouring the veggies too. I was hungry.

This is the first day in a long while that I've eaten between meals. The latte, and chocolate. It's possible that milk encourages me to give into cravings. But it's also possible that this is just my favorite food group, without which I have felt deprived. It is the one food group I missed the whole time. And I'm nervous about doing it so early in my re-intro. I'm not sure if I'll do two days or not. At this point I don't think I've had any reaction whatever, no bloating or stomach upset, negligible gas. It appears I tolerate dairy well, and that as a FODMAP it is ok. I wonder if it's a build up FODMAP. Oooh, now there's an excuse to do a few days of dairy in a row.... :)

Tomorrow I'm going on a beach trip and then staying the night with a friend. I'm trying to head into it prepared but I'm nervous. I'll need to eat breakfast before I go, pack lunch and another breakfast and maybe dinner for good measure. We're going to Moe's, a famous chowder place. It's not GF. I'm assuming I'll want to eat my own food and order tea to enjoy while everyone else orders there. I don't want to cause a fuss though. My GF friend is organizing it, I wonder if she's going to have the chowder and suffer the consequences.

Day 54

Dairy - High-Lactose Reintro 2
  • Wake: 7:30am
  • 7:30am - Lower GI heaviness
  • M1: 8:20am - hot dogs (palm); red bell pepper (heaping handful), Grande pumpkin spice late (two fists)
  • 11:30am - lower gi gas, not very uncomfortable and not much, maybe normal
  • M2: 11:30 to 12:15 - avocado (fist), shrimp (palm), mayo (quarter thumb), green onion and lettuce (closed handful), milk (two fists)
  • 3:20pm - decaf late with syrup flavoring (12oz)
  • 3:26pm - very mild lower gi gas
  • 4:00 - maybe some mild bloating
  • M3: 6:00pm - chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, and cinnamon (palm and a quarter); green beans (heading handful); mustard, Olive oil, balsamic vinegar (closed handful); almonds slivers (closed handful); guava water kefir (quarter cup)
  • 9:15pm - milk with chocolate (10 oz)
  • 11:35- definitely not bloated, maybe constipated, but I also haven't drunken much water
  • Bedward: 11:30
  • Bed: 12pm

Water: not much
Exercise: some walking

Did a second dairy day, which mainly consisted of milk, milk, and more milk. I think it went alright. There's a possibility that the dairy leads to constipation for me. But I think it may be that it obstructs me from drinking water, which I'm already terrible at doing. Since I'm drinking something, I'm not drinking additional somethings, which means my water consumption is even lower.

I think I'd like to test this theory in the future. Really make myself drink a certain amount of water for a few compliant days, then have a dairy day, but force that water consumption. Maybe with calendar reminders or timers or something. And then see what symptoms look like.

It's possible that I was a little bloated on going to bed, but no more that any other night I think. I only notice because when I get up in the morning the distinction is clear. I have been finding I always am slimmer in the morning though. So, like most of the other mild symptoms I've encountered, I don't think it's attributable to the dairy specifically.

This feels like good news and bad news. This is my favorite "missing" food type. So, tolerating it makes me so happy. However, it's a food that is likely to prevent me from eating as much nutrient density. And there's the IGF consideration too. Consuming a food that is meant to make you put on weight isn't super smart when you're struggling to get it to go down. But it's going to come back into my diet if my further testing confirms it's not causing me discomfort. I just need to be more cognizant of how much I consume, when, and how I manage it. 60oz of milk in a day... probably not a super smart idea. I wish it behaved like water in my system, I could really make a go at drinking enough that way. :)

Day 55

Non-Compliant Day
  • Wake: 10:30am
  • M1: 11:45am to 12:15am - hot dog (half palm); red bell pepper (heaping handful); cashew butter (1/3 thumb); coffee with a quarter thumb of sugar; guava kefire (1/4 cup)
  • M2: 3:00pm - Red Wine (fist and a half), soft and hard cheeses (small handful); fig jam (closed handful); olives (closed handful... or 3 thumbs); salami (closed handful)
  • M3: 7:00pm - popcorn (3 fists), sugar bomb slushy (two fists) .... yeah, I'm totally serious
  • Bedward: 10:30pm
  • Bed: 11:00pm

Sleep: 10hrs
Exercise: some walking

Today was not compliant, and it was not planned (sad trombone). It was an amazing and lovely day today and and I wanted to be outside and enjoy it. D and I decided that what we really wanted was to relax at a wine shop with a glass of wine, and some cheese and meats. So I decided we were going to do that. And it turned out to be worth it.

I did not consume any of the bread/gluten products they served us. And since I had already done two days of dairy, having more dairy, and meat products that have some dairy in them (salami), the food really wasn't a stretch. The wine certainly was, and theoretically convolutes observing any symptoms. But I didn't have any physical symptoms as a result. I found the wine sat with me just fine. I've read a lot of other people saying they felt terrible, or tired or sluggish the next day. I'm writing this the next day and I feel fine. I woke up just fine, I have felt fine all morning, no bloating. I know now at least that on my wine day, I'm going to need to do more than a glass :)

It occurs to me, filling out my off-template M2... is cheese a protein or a fat?

And then there's the non-dinner dinner. We went to a movie and D wanted popcorn and a soda. So I got it for him and I didn't want to pay for a bottle of water so I decided that a slushy was a better idea. Zoinks. At least I got a small. And then I proceeded to eat half the popcorn. And then wasn't hungry when we got home. But, I feel alright. So at least I didn't punch myself in the gut by doing this. Back to plan to ensure I have a stable foundation for testing though.

And there is sugar in everything! I don't recall seeing Applegate Farm around here but I'll look closer. Thanks!

Yeah, I can only find them at the natural foods type stores, not the average grocery stores. They're not cheap either. But it's worth it to me to have compliant and easy meat hanging out and ready when I need it. Utilitarian food.

We're getting a Whole Foods soon, they are hiring now, and I can't wait.

That's awesome. They can be expensive, but they're super helpful.

I'm fortunate to live in Portland where every other store is a natural food store. We have a local one called New Seasons that I just adore. But when I make it across town to the Whole Foods I always find crazy things I don't see anywhere else.

Day 56

• Wake: 8:30am
  • M1: 9:00am to - sausage (palm); tomato (small handful); black tea
  • 9:28am - lower gi and bloating
  • 9:40am - upper gi air and minor discomfort
  • 1:38pm - square of sea salt chocolate (thumb in volume) - no dairy in this
  • M2: 1:55pm - Salmon (palm); avocado (two thumbs); seaweed (not much)
  • M3: 8:30pm - andoui sausage (2/3 palm); cashew butter (half thumb); potatoes (heaping handful); clarified butter (thumb); pear (1/4 fist)
  • Bedward: 10:30pm
  • Bed: 11:30pm

Sleep: 8.5 hrs
Exercise: none

I had plenty of protein and fat at breakfast but started having upper GI upset and didn't end up eating all of my veg. Not best pleased by that. I had planned on being on track and on plan today.

I also didn't eat my vegetables at lunch. Dinner was better on track though.

I did return to my tea/tisane drinking routine which means more fluid intake. I should plan a trip to the tea store this weekend to pick up the apple cinnamon one I want.

Day 57

• Wake: 9:00am
  • M1: 9:15am to 10am - sausage (1/2 palm); sauerkraut with dill and leek (small handful); elderberry pomegranate kefir (quarter cup)
  • 11:30 square of chocolate (no dairy)
  • M2: goat curry with sweet potato and onion and garlic and coconut milk (two heaping handfuls); elderberry pomegranate kefir (quarter cup)
  • 7:30 elderberry pomegranate kefir (fist +)
  • M3: 8:15 - shrimp and okra gumbo with onion, bell peppers, tomato, cellery, garlic,tomato paste (two heaping handfuls); la croix
  • 9:30pm - lower GI gas
  • Bedward
  • Bed

Sleep
Water
Exercise

Having trouble eating to plan because I don't have leftovers to pull from in my fridge. The goat curry was from the freezer; D heated it up for us. I  would have added spinach to it for more veg, but I'm just glad he made lunch.

Made beets tonight to throw in the fridge so that should help tomorrow.

Day 58

• Wake: 7:10pm
  • M1: 7:40pm to 8:40pm - sasuage (palm); beets with balsamic vinegar (handful); black tea
  • 8:30am - upper GI air, lower GI air
  • M2: pork chop brined in apple cider vinegar (palm); cranberry and apricot chutney (half a thumb); french fries (heaping handful); ketchup (four thumbs); mayo (two thumbs); red cabbage (closed handful)
  • M3: pork chop brined in apple cider vinegar (palm); cranberry and apricot chutney (thumb); red cabbage (heaping handful); cashew butter (thumb)
  • Bedward
  • Bed

Sleep
Water
Exercise

I'm guessing today is my "bad digestion day" this cycle.

Day 59

Oat Reintro Day

• Wake: 7:10
  • M1: 7:40 - 9:00am - steel cut oats (fist); bacon (quarter plam); eggs (half palm)
  • 11:10am - lower GI gas though no discomfort. Essentially normal
  • M2: shrimp and okra gumbo with onion, bell peppers, tomato, cellery, garlic,tomato paste (handful); Oats with honey (small handful)
  • M3: hot dog (half handful); mustard (thumb) shrimp and okra gumbo with onion, bell peppers, tomato, cellery, garlic,tomato paste (handfuls); Oats with honey (handful)
  • Bedward
  • Bed

Sleep
Water
Exercise

While trying to decide how I wanted to impart the volume of oat-meal I made I realized that I've been using my terms a bit differently than the Meal Planning Template. When I say a fist f something, I mean the volume of my fist. But when I looked at the template again today I realized that, for fruit, it meant the amount you can fit inside your hand with your thumb wrapped up around the first two fingers. Which is more what I thought a closed handful was. And now that I look at a closed handful, it's a lot more, on the template, than I had thought it was. For some reason I was judging it as my first finger wrapped to the base of my thumb, which is at least half of what the volume is if it's to the tip of my thumb.

So lets see if I can define some measurements here as I have been using them:
  • Palm - the volume of the palm of my hand (no thumb or fingers)
  • Fist - the volume of my fist (so palm and thumb and fingers)
  • Thumb - the volume of my thumb
  • Heaping Handful - as much as I can possibly hold heaped onto a cupped hand, or maybe even more than would actually stay there
  • Handful - as much as would fit in a cupped hand and come up to the tops of my fingertips
  • Small Handful - bigger than a closed handful, but less than a handful
  • Closed Handful - the amount that would fit in the palm of my hand, I visualize it with my forefinger fingers curled around to meet the meat of my thumb.

Day 60

• Wake
  • M1: hot dog (palm); mustard (thumb)
  • M2: hot dog (quarter palm); beets with balsamic vinegar (heaping handful)
  • M3: shrimp and okra gumbo with onion, bell peppers, tomato, cellery, garlic,tomato paste (handful); black olives (heaping handful); Beets with balsamic vinegar (handful)
  • Bedward
  • Bed

Sleep: unclear, very sleepless night
Water
Exercise

Day 60, woot!

I had started some notes about 3 things I have learned recently, then got distracted and only got one of them down. Wish I could remember the others. Good reason to do my notes as I'm thinking about them. Which explains too why I've done a poor job at Bed Time, Water and Exercise tracking.

So, I learned: If I serve myself and entire palm of protein and try to eat it, it pushes veggies off my plate. I just can't eat that volume of food for breakfast. It doesn't work. Not if I want to eat my breakfast in under 2 hours. It doesn't really matter than the template says I should eat a full palm of protein. I simply can't do it and eat veggies. And I think that's ok with my current level of activity. I'm very sedentary.

Day 61

• Wake: 10:48am
  • M1: 11:30am to 12am - eggs (half palm); bacon (half palm); hash browns (heaping handful plus), black tea
  • 1:00pm - 16 oz coconut milk vanilla latte
  • M2: 5:00pm to 7:30pm - Tomato bacon coconut cream soup (heaping handful); red curry with beef, coconut cream, delicata squash, cauliflower rice (two heaping handfuls), slice of tomato, slice of cucumber, bit of balsamic vinegar; coffee with coconut cream and pumpkin and maple syrup and spices (fist and a half); coconut cream with cocoa powder and maple syrup (three thumbs)
  • Bedward
  • Bed

Sleep
Water
Exercise: fair amount of walking

Finally got to go to the Cultured Caveman restaurant. This is a local paleo restaurant so I don't have to worry about what I'm ordering. it's FANTASTIC. I did order two items that included maple syrup as a sweetener, this was a conscious decision. It was so relaxing though to not have to ask a bunch of questions about what they do in the kitchen. I know they DON'T use and I can trust the ingredients lists on the food. They're even conscientious of nightshades and offer alternatives for most of their dishes that include them.

I walked away with some frozen apple pies for some day in the future, as well as a few pounds of ground beef that includes heart and liver mixed in. It's a mix they use for their meat-loafs and meat-balls and I LOVE it. I'm excited to have some at home to use.

Day 62

Low-Lactose Dairy Reintro
  • Wake: 10am
  • M1: 10:40am to 11:30am - eggs (.5 palm), bacon (palm), sauerkraut with horseradish and leek (small handful), parmesan cheese (thumb)
  • M2: cheddar cheese (two thumbs); asian pear (quarter fist); chocolate squares (2); POG juice (fist and a half)
  • M3: Lamb shoulder (2 palms, very fatty); carrots and sweet potato (handful); lamb and chicken broth (fist); aged gouda (small handful); la croix
  • 9:30pm - minor lower gi gas, no discomfort. Might be the pear
  • Bedward
  • Bed

Sleep
Water
Exercise

I experienced a little bit of gas twice today. I'd say just beyond the edge of normal and comfortable. I made the dumb decision to eat a pear part way through the day though. I shouldn't be doing that on a re-intro day, that's just dumb.

So I may re-do Low-Lactose day, but my read on it is it might cause a minor amount of gas. I think that matches my Lactose day experience. Minor enough to be questionable. Minor enough to not really be discomfort, but to be of note.

Day 63

• M1: 10am to 10:40am - eggs (3/4 palm); tomato and red peppers (small handful); sausage (1/4 palm); black tea
  • 11am - lower GI, my guess is the pear.
  • M2: 1:25pm - hot dog (half palm); beets with balsamic vinegar (heaping handful); banana (fist); black tea
  • M3: pork chop brined in apple cider vinegar (palm); cranberry and apricot chutney (nibble); french fries (heaping handful); ketchup (two thumbs); mayo (quarter thumbs); red cabbage (small handful); gravy (thumb)... gluten
  • 7:15pm - headache, minor heartburn type feeling, little bit of upper GI air though this could be from the way I ate.
  • 11pm - feel fine now, no headache, no bloating, whole gi area is fine.
  • Bedward:
  • Bed:

Sleep:
Water:
Exercise:

I got glutened tonight! Poor communication on my part paired with a lousy bar tender meant the gluten free option for my meal was not ordered. I guess I monitor to see if anything obvious comes of it, and probably change my Wednesday re-intro plans to be a few days further out. :/

I feel like I was symptomatic. So it will be interesting to compare to a full gluten day to see if it was indeed the small bit of gluten, or just random.

Day 64

• Wake: 7:30am
  • 9am - ear ache, of all things. Weird
  • M1: 9:45am to 10:30am - egg (half palm); banana (fist); cashew butter (half thumb); peppers, tomatoes, spinach, olives (small handful); water kefir (quarter cup)
  • M2: 12:30 - hot dog (palm); mustard (closed handful); banana (bit less than a fist); tomato and lemon cucumber salad with balsamic vinegar (); balsamic vinaigrette (); herbal tea; water kefir (quarter cup)
  • M3: 8:00pm to 9:00pm - Lamb shoulder (2 palms, very fatty); carrots and sweet potato (handful); lamb and chicken broth (fist); non-dairy chocolate with sugar and peppermin (half a palm); water kefir (quarter cup)
  • 8:30pm onward - lower GI gas, could be cycle related but seems to also have a food component.
  • Bedward: 10:00pm

Sleep
Water
Exercise:

Got a finger stick cholesterol test today. 276 total cholesterol, 204 LDL, 60 HDL, 60 TriGlycerides, and 80 fasting glucose. This required fasting, hence the late breakfast.

I'm glad I picked the laid back nurse dude over the hyper nurse lady for this one. She would have shot through the roof when she saw those numbers. I'm not concerned. I know that this is just about the most inaccurate cholesterol test available. I think I'll schedule a good one soon here. I AM disappointed on the HDL number; I'm unsure if it's poorly measured the same way the LDL is with this test. I kind of hope so.

Breakfast didn't have enough fat. I went to our office cafe and didn't have a lot of options. I didn't want to trust their breakfast meats to be soy and dairy free, especially after being glutened yesterday. Led to being definitely hungry for lunch.

Day 65

• Wake: 7:40am
  • M1: 8:00am
  • 8:46am - lower GI gas
  • M2: 1:00pm to 1:30pm - Lamb shoulder (1 palm, very fatty); carrots and sweet potato (small handful); lamb and chicken broth (fist); non-dairy chocolate with sugar and peppermint (half a palm)
  • M3: Chicken (2 palms); potato (handful); clarified butter (thumb); chicken broth (closed handful); bok choy (handful); garlic (2 small cloves); ginger (1/4 tsp); coconut aminos (half thumb)
  • Bedward: 10pm

Sleep: 8.5hrs
Water
Exercise

Day 66

Non-Soy Legume Reintro
  • Wake: 7:40am
  • Upper GI pain/indigestion
  • M1: 8:00am to 9:10am - hot dog (quarter plam); banana (fist); peanuts with sugar and corn starch (handful)
  • 10:47am - lower GI gas, moderate
  • M2: 12pm to 12:30pm - hummus (handful); cucumber (fist); hot dog (3/4 palm); kalamata olives (small handful)
  • 2:30pm - ate some of the above lunch. I had a half hour to eat and didn't get full, unfortunately.
  • M3: 8:30pm to 9pm - Chili: ground beef, onion, bell pepper, paprika, cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, salt, pepper, tomato paste, canned tomatoes, kidney beans (3 heaping handfuls, maybe more)
  • 10pm to next day - lower GI gas, not painful, but noticable

Water: 8oz
Exercise

Decided to go ahead and do Non-Soy Legumes today. Although I maybe should have rethought that after having garlic last night. I'm pretty sure the pain and indigestion this morning was from that. I tried to make it go away with a banana, which seemed to be successful. So I moved on to the peanuts. Looked at the package and realized there is corn starch in it. I don't know why I didn't look when I bought them, that was dumb. But it was second to last ingredient and I'm just going to roll with it since I already re-intro'd corn and know what possible effects it has.

Day 67

• M1: 9:00am - 10:15am - hot dog (3/4 palm); tomato cucumber salad (small handful); balsamic vinegrette (quarter thumb)
  • M2: 1pm - Lamb shoulder (3/4 palm, very fatty); carrots and sweet potato (handful); lamb and chicken broth (fist); non-dairy chocolate with sugar and peppermint (half a palm)
  • M3: 8pm - 9pm - trout, persimmon jam, broccoli rabe
  • 8pm - swallowing trouble immediately, followed by refurgitation. Relayed to the broccoli, questiin is whether it was chewing, something on our, or the food itself
  • Finished eating from about 9:30 to 10
  • Bedward:
  • Bed:

Sleep:
Water:
Exercise:

My assessment of non-soy legumes.... gas. Not super painful or terrible really. But what you'd expect. Even from peanuts, apparently. That was surprising. Maybe that was still the garlic. Hummus sat well, I don't think it caused me any trouble. Kidney beans, while I love them... not a date night food. No other notable symptoms or issues, except maybe that hummus could be a food without breaks.

Day 68

• 5am - sore swollen throat
  • 7:34am - upper GI air, pain. Close to throwing up. Water mostly resolved this.
  • Wake: 11am ?  lazed in bed a loooooong time
  • M1: 1:25pm - sausage (palm), banana (fist), coconut milk pumpkin spice latte (about 5 swallows)
  • M2: Steak (palm +), delicata squash with clarified butter and mustard and rosemary (fist and a half)
  • Bedward
  • Bed

Sleep
Water
Exercise

Oops. Ordered a Pumpkin Spice Coconut Milk latte without remembering there are trace amounts of milk in the Pumpkin Spice mix. Honestly though, I have discovered that I do NOT like coconut milk lattes. I'm proud to say that I tossed it without drinking very much. I did have some time of, well maybe it's not as bad as I'm remember, you know from two minutes ago, I'll take another drink... OH GOD WHY!  Yeah, that's pretty much how that went. Blech.

Made Kimchi tonight. I'm SO excited. It's in what I have dubbed my fermentation cupboard. This will be my first ferment I've done all on my own. Although I also have water kefire grains going. The kimchi is for D though, it has a lot of garlic in it. I'm eager to see how it turns out though.

Day 69

Gluten Reintro
  • Wake: 11:30am
  • M1: 2:15pm to 3:15pm - dairy-free pancakes (two palms); clarified butter (half thumb); strawberry jam (two thumbs); bacon (half palm)
  • M2: 8:20pm to - short ribs (two palms); pasta (handful); gravy (small handful)
  • chocolate mug cake (fist)
  • minor lower gi gas bubbled. Nothing super bad, but relatively regular.
  • Bedward: 10:pm

Sleep
Water
Exercise

I made the pancakes using canned coconut milk. Put clarified butter on them, but decided half way through that was not gaining the end result I wanted. Had some home-made strawberry jam so I used that instead.

Braised the short ribs and used the braising sauce to make a gravy. It's been years since I made gravy with flour. I had to break out my hand blender to get the lumps out. :) Worked very well, in the end, to make the pasta taste better.

Forgot to note when and where but had some Honey in a few (not all) of my teas today and yesterday and Friday. I think it was more about proving that I CAN than really needing honey. I'm at a point where I really feel stifled by the strong restrictions imposed by the prolonged re-intro. I'm eager to have it done with so I can make decisions on a meal by meal or day by day basis and not be locked in to avoiding "all of the things" lest I waste the last 70 days and not test the main foods people often have trouble with. But I'm getting there. I'm finally getting there!

Day 70

Gluten Reintro Day 2
  • M1: 8:50am - scrambled egg (palm), bread (palm +); mayo (closed handful); berry tea
  • M2: Steak (half palm); bread (two palms); olive oil (two thumbs); balsamic vinegar (half thumb)
  • M3short ribs (palm and a half); pasta (small handful); gravy (closed handful); la croix; chocolate mug cake (fist)
  • 12:30am - upper gi air and pain.. sudden and a fair amount. Resolved with some water
  • Bed: 1:30am

Sleep: 9hrs +
Water
Exercise:

I've had a couple of blemishes in the last week. Normal ones, not cystic or anything. I had figured it was hormone related, and it could very well be. But now I wonder if it was wheat or sugar or maybe even dairy. I've certainly been consuming more sugar lately so that seems quite possible. And I had the low-lactose dairy day right before my cycle, though I didn't note blemishes after high-lactose dairy. Worth monitoring. 

• 2 weeks later...

Day 71

• Wake: 8:45am
  • 8:45am - lower gi gas.
  • M1: 9:00am - hot dog (3/4 palm); delicata squash with mustard, rosemary and clarified butter (closed handful); black tea
  • 11:34am - upper GI air and pain
  • M2: 1pm - delicata squash (handful); mustard (half thumb); clarified butter (half thumb); non-dairy chocolate with sugar and peppermint (quarter palm)
  • M3: 8:00pm - Lamb shoulder (2 palms, very fatty); carrots and sweet potato (handful); lamb and chicken broth (fist);
  • Bedward
  • Bed

Sleep
Water
Exercise

Honestly. I felt fine on wheat. I had some air related GI issues last night and this morning. My suspicion is wheat as a FODMAP, not that the gluten irritates my gut or is causing an auto-immune issues. I did not feel foggy, I felt perfectly clear. No joint pain, no lower GI pain or discomfort. No bloating, despite the gas. No depression or mood swings. No headache that I recall. I'll continue to keep an eye out but I think I am blessedly non-reactive to gluten. I actually feel guilty about it. I have my FODMAP issues though so I certainly have my own troubles.

Archived