In need of encouragement

HannahMarie

I have done the Whole 30 before, so this is my second time around. 

The first time I did it I got great results, but then I got injured, and started dating someone. I gained a bunch of weight and my inflammation has returned. I am now more overweight than when I did it 2 years ago. 

Above all, I am just extremely discouraged that nothing is going to change, even though I know it did the first time around. I am having a hard time getting my head in the game that this is a positive thing for me and I can turn my life around. I feel like I will never drop the extra weight and that my inflammation will not change. I am on Day 3 of this new round and I just need encouragement and/or a buddy to walk this out with! 

Any advice? 

I'm confused: why are you so certain that "nothing is going to change" give you said you had great results the first time around?

What if you planned to get your head in the game one meal at a time?

You could join in with a group of folks who started around the same time as you for moral support and encouragement along the way. This group started September 7th: hope onto their thread! 

I have done the Whole 30 before, so this is my second time around. 

The first time I did it I got great results, but then I got injured, and started dating someone. I gained a bunch of weight and my inflammation has returned. I am now more overweight than when I did it 2 years ago. 

Above all, I am just extremely discouraged that nothing is going to change, even though I know it did the first time around. I am having a hard time getting my head in the game that this is a positive thing for me and I can turn my life around. I feel like I will never drop the extra weight and that my inflammation will not change. I am on Day 3 of this new round and I just need encouragement and/or a buddy to walk this out with! 

Any advice? 

I can totally relate! The first time I did my Whole30, I felt like a brand new person. I was at my lowest weight ever. Now enter grad school, a lot more responsibility at work, oh and add on about 50 pounds. That's right, I gained 50 pounds in a few short months. I have done a few since then but it never stuck. This time around, I'm on Day 40ish out of 100. I am fitting into pants that I was squeezing in (I seriously looked like a stuffed sausage), Sleeping better and deeper. I was hesitant at first too, but here I am, and it's working like I knew it would. I'm much heavier than I was when I started my first one, but I am really learning how to do this, finally. Trust me, just jump in. Things will start to change. They did the first time, they will this time. Trust the process. The first week may be rough, but it'll get better. This is probably my 5th one and I'm finally getting it.

Hi HannahMarie! I can relate too.... and there are others on this forum who can also relate... look around some, or maybe they'll find you. Here's the thing though: You CAN do this. You CAN learn from Take Two. Heck, we're all learning. Every day. Whether you fell off the rails or not, you have a whole ton of foundational learning already working for you. So this time around... you build on that solid base and figure out what you might have missed last time. At the end of the day, the important thing is that you have started. It'll be easier. You won't have to spend so much time checking the rules. You will (I promise) get closer to figuring out your own personal physiology, your triggers, how other people cope, how you can tweak what you learn to make it work for you. If you fall down 99 times, you still have the guts to get back up 100, and that puts you wayyyyyyyy ahead of most everyone else on the planet. 

Read this: http://whole30.com/2014/09/five-things-melissa-hartwig-learned-whole30/

Best of luck on your journey!

Archived