Whole Foods Whole 365 Almond Milk

Maryanne76

Is this acceptable for Whole 30?

Whole Foods Whole 365 Unsweetened Almond Milk
Ingredients:  

Organic almondmilk (filtered water, organic almonds), tricalcium phosphate, sea salt, xanthan gum, potassium citrate, sunflower lecithin, vitamin a palmitate, ergocalciferol (vitamin d2), dl-alpha tocopherol acetate (vitamin e).

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hi Maryanne,

Check out: whole30.com/downloads/additives.pdf (just google "Whole 30 additives").

I think it's technically okay, as it does not contain any of the listed additives that are stricly and explicitly off-limits for the program (carrageenan, corn starch, MSG, soy lecithin, and sulfur).  Xantham gum is acceptable for the program, as is sunflower lecithin (vs. soy lecithin).  Some of the others are not explicitly listed.

But let me ask you a question: how many of those ingredients are you familiar with?  How many of them can you pronounce?  Is that REALLY something you want to put into your body?  (Okay, I'm probably putting this in a "leading" way.  You are the boss of YOU and there is no WRONG answer, but we're here to encourage you to an OPTIMAL Whole30 experience).

Another question: are you planning to use this for cooking or for drinking?  Again, I would personally discourage the latter.  There are much better hydration sources!

Hope this helped!

Cheers,

Lauren (GGG)

Archived