Why Whole30 is so hard?

mantishugo

I have been trying to follow Whole30 diet but fail within 5 to 10 days. It is the third time I lost. Can't there be any easier way? What I know about Whole30 diet is this -

What You Can Eat 

Meat

Seafood

Eggs

Vegetables

Nuts or seeds

What You Can't Eat

Sugar (including artificial sweeteners, honey and agave)

Alcohol

Grains (including oats, corn, rice and quinoa)

Legumes (including beans, chickpeas and peanuts)

Dairy

My problem - Amount and Frequency! :mellow: I crave for sugar, alcohol, grilled chicken and ham cheese burger!

You may not be eating enough.  Are you following the meal template?  If you follow the template and make sure you don't skimp on protein and fat, it is much easier.  You should have 3 meals a day (no snacking) and your meals should hold you 4 to 5 hours until the next meal.  If that's not the case and you feel the need to snack, your meal wasn't big enough.  Also be sure to drink plenty of water.

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

• Moderators

It's hard because you might be ...

... failing to plan ahead and when you're hungry, you don't have any food ready to eat. Stock up on compliant tuna, baby carrots, olives, etc.

... used to crappy food that you eat out of a package that you view as a treat you "deserve."

... unsatisfied because junk food has dulled your taste buds and real food doesn't taste good to you yet. It will!

... resentful that you suddenly have to take time to cook that you've been spending doing something else.

... eating too little food. If you come from a "dieting" background, it can be difficult. Follow the Meal Template 3x a day!

... not really committed to doing the Whole30 Program. Right now, make a list of WHY doing the Whole30 is important to you.

Do you drink green drinks and smoothies?  If so, these will keep the cravings roaring for sugar and alcohol.

Yes, I had been having lots of smoothies and fruit juices earlier. But not now, ever since I started Whole30. As I'm selling fruit juices I get some bottles for me and my whole family for free. That makes it hard for me to say NO when it is served to me and my family members are also sipping in front of me some or the other fruit juices that I like. -_-

It's hard because you might be ...

... failing to plan ahead and when you're hungry, you don't have any food ready to eat. Stock up on compliant tuna, baby carrots, olives, etc.

... used to crappy food that you eat out of a package that you view as a treat you "deserve."

... unsatisfied because junk food has dulled your taste buds and real food doesn't taste good to you yet. It will!

... resentful that you suddenly have to take time to cook that you've been spending doing something else.

... eating too little food. If you come from a "dieting" background, it can be difficult. Follow the Meal Template 3x a day!

... not really committed to doing the Whole30 Program. Right now, make a list of WHY doing the Whole30 is important to you.

Some of the points are true. I loved junk food, feeling bored cooking food. :angry:

You may not be eating enough.  Are you following the meal template?  If you follow the template and make sure you don't skimp on protein and fat, it is much easier.  You should have 3 meals a day (no snacking) and your meals should hold you 4 to 5 hours until the next meal.  If that's not the case and you feel the need to snack, your meal wasn't big enough.  Also be sure to drink plenty of water.

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Thanks for the tips.. I'll follow your advice from now on. ^_^

Archived