not sure I am doing what I should, still quite tired

misslindy

Hi

it was suggested I post a few days of meals so someone could possibly comment, my friend keeps telling me I don't eat enough but I think I do

M1: Day 1,  egg and veg, cup of oxtail broth   Day 2 egg and veg, cup of oxtail broth  Day 3 egg and veg, cup of oxtail broth

M2: Day I: red cabbage, green cabbage, grated carrot, kale, parsley, green olives, pear, 1/3 cup cashews, hemp seed oil

Day 2: same

Day 3: same, except hungry so had an eggnog, one egg, almond milk and vanilla 

M3: Day 1: steak/green beans, peas about 2 cups total

Day 2 steak/ green peas, not many peas at all

Day: intend to have steak and multi veg tonight.

I am tired and think I need to lie down before dinner. I have spots of high energy and feel really well, then it moves on, still having angry, impatient moments for no apparent reason.

Thanks. L

Hi

it was suggested I post a few days of meals so someone could possibly comment, my friend keeps telling me I don't eat enough but I think I do

M1: Day 1,  egg and veg, cup of oxtail broth   Day 2 egg and veg, cup of oxtail broth  Day 3 egg and veg, cup of oxtail broth

M2: Day I: red cabbage, green cabbage, grated carrot, kale, parsley, green olives, pear, 1/3 cup cashews, hemp seed oil

Day 2: same

Day 3: same, except hungry so had an eggnog, one egg, almond milk and vanilla 

M3: Day 1: steak/green beans, peas about 2 cups total

Day 2 steak/ green peas, not many peas at all

Day: intend to have steak and multi veg tonight.

I am tired and think I need to lie down before dinner. I have spots of high energy and feel really well, then it moves on, still having angry, impatient moments for no apparent reason.

Thanks. L

Forgot to put, I have ghee on my vegetables and every morning have one coffee with coconut oil

Yeah, your're not eating enough.

When you say 'egg' do you mean one? And how many vegetables are we talking? When eggs are your only source of protein in a meal you should be eating as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, which is 3-4 for most females. The recommendation is for 1-3 cups of veg per meal, with 3 being optimum, but to give you a visual, you should add your protein to your plate & then FILL the remainder of your plate with veg, then add some fat. If your plate isn't FULL of veg it's not enough.

Your are completely missing protein in M2 - nuts are a fat source on Whole30 and one of the inferior ones. The recommendation for protein is 1-2 palm sized pieces the length, width & depth of your palm. Protein will give you the staying power to last those 4-5hrs required between meals. Seed oils should also be used in moderation only on a whole30 - try home made mayo, EVOO, olives, compliant bacon etc as fat.

Your M3 looks better, although lacking in fat, and I'm guessing that because your M1 & M2s are so small that this is probably relatively small too.

Peas, if you mean the english garden kind, are off limits as they are a legume. What form was your vanilla? If it was vanilla essence it is also off limits due to the no alcohol rule.

The thing about eating so little is that your metabolism will slow down so as to burn as little fuel as possible, your appetite will decrease, and your body will hold on to it's fat stores so as survive the food shortage, so restricting food in this way is counter productive.

Eat 1-2 palm sized pieces of protein, 1-3 cups of veg (3 being optimum), and a good healthy portion of fat per meal and you'll feel a whole lot better...

Yeah, your're not eating enough.

When you say 'egg' do you mean one? And how many vegetables are we talking? When eggs are your only source of protein in a meal you should be eating as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, which is 3-4 for most females. The recommendation is for 1-3 cups of veg per meal, with 3 being optimum, but to give you a visual, you should add your protein to your plate & then FILL the remainder of your plate with veg, then add some fat. If your plate is';t FULL of veg it's not enough.

Your are completely missing protein in M2 - nuts are a fat source of Whole30 and one of the inferior ones. The recommendation for protein is 1-2 palm sized pieces the length, width & depth of your palm. Protein will give you the staying power to last those 4-5hrs required between meals. eed oils should also be used in moderation only on a whole30 - try home made mayo, EVOO, olives, compiiant bacon etc as fat.

Your M3 looks better, although lackingin fat, and I'm guessing that because your M1 & M2s are so small that this is probably relatively small too.

Peas, if you mean the english garden kind, are off limits as they are a legume. What form was your vanilla? If it was vanilla essence it is also off limits due to the no alcohol rule.

The thing about eating so little is that your metabolism will slow down so as to burn as little fuel as possible, your appetite will decrease, and your body will hold on to it's fat stores so as survive the food shortage, so restricting food in this way is counter productive.

Eat 1-2 palm sized pieces of protein, 1-3 cups of veg (3 being optimum), and a good healthy portion of fat oer meal and you'll feel a whole lot better...

OMG! Thank you for your answer. I thought I was eating tons, certainly more than I have eaten for years. My egg is mixed in the vegetable and then I bake it so am probably not getting 3-4 eggs. Back to the drawing board--I feel a bit deflated as I thought I was doing so well. I also thought the rules said peas from the garden were okay. Yes, the vanilla is wrong too--I make it myself but use alcohol so that's out. OMG! Well, can only go forward from here.

I am really grateful for your help. Thanks.

Don't be deflated - you've still been making improvements to your diet for the good of your health - now you can optimize those changes for better results.

The peas/legumes can be quite disruptive to the gut so if it your plan to not start over, then I'd at the very least leave a 30day gap between eating them & starting reintros just to give your gut adequate time to heal.

Hello again

Does this mean I have start all over? The peas are the only thing I really have eaten that is not allowed--I seriously thought sugar peas/snow peas were the same as green peas. And I thought I was eating the right amounts, too much really.  I will keep a strict diary for the next few days and post again and see how I am doing.

L

Don't be deflated - you've still been making improvements to your diet for the good of your health - now you can optimize those changes for better results.

The peas/legumes can be quite disruptive to the gut so if it your plan to not start over, then I'd at the very least leave a 30day gap between eating them & starting reintros just to give your gut adequate time to heal.

I will finish the 30 days, I had planned to carry on longer anyway so will just keep going on the W30 for the next few months. Thanks again.

Archived