Hey all, first time here, first time on the Whole30. I'm a 3 time IM competitor and while training for my last race came down with adrenal fatigue.  On the mend, blah blah, years of asthma/allergies and a lot of self-medicating with food later (SUGAR anyone???) I feel like crap, gained a bunch of weight and having worked out since IM CdA 3 months ago.  I'm giving this a go.  Let's reset this body!

Questions to anyone out there:

I take hydrocortisone which has contributed to my weight gain and puffiness. Anyone else out there on the Whole30 on medicinal steroids and has this affected your results?

Second, for now, any long-course triathletes on the Whole30, my goal is to get down to race weight by Jan when my base training gets going.  My biggest stress about moving from this type of no-sugar eating to eating to train is the sugar.  I don't want to relapse back into the sugar monster that I am.  Does integrating the sugar from training nutrition throw your body off after doing this plan? I do plan to do it for 90 days if possible (if I don't die from cheese withdrawl first) to get to race weight.  I hope I'm making sense.

Heard that race was HOT!!! I used to be a triathlete and have done 2 iron distance races most recent a couple years ago-fast forward to a new hip and my running days are over but want to get back to tris at least oly distance.

I have done oly distance and part of a half on compliant foods but it got tough for the fulls-just not enough cals for the volume of food. I am sure there are many more folks out there to help-maybe move this to the athletes section??

Folks may discourage you from being focused on the "race weight" thing(I get it), but focus on the "non-scale victories". Maybe the mods can help you find what those are.

Congrats on CdA-great accomplishment! Welcome aboard!

Archived