Hello Whole-30 world! I just wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself, both for accountability purposes and because I think this is a great resource for inspiration and encouragement! I believe everything good you put out in the universe will come back to you.

My name is Chris, and I am a DC-based young professional looking to get back into the groove of health and wellness. In 2013 I was regularly attending MMA and Thai boxing classes that totally whipped me into shape. I graduated from University in 2014 and fell off the bandwagon when most of my time became devoted to job apps, interviews, and stress. Having moved back to DC in April and started a wonderful new job in June, I have no excuses to not take the necessary steps towards a healthier life. (Plus, every gay man in DC takes grossly good care of himself, so I should probably up my game B) ).

I will be starting Whole 30 on October 1st, however I will be traveling in Central Asia towards the end of the month, and absolutely will not pass up the chance to try regional cuisine. At least I will get most of the month in before I head out.

Question: Does anyone have any recommendations for workouts that pair well with Whole 30? And any recommendations for W30 approved pre and post-workout snacks?

Also, please let me know if anyone in the DC area would be interested in possibly forming a small supper club that could meet every few weeks and do a potluck-style dinners.

I will be starting Whole 30 on October 1st, however I will be traveling in Central Asia towards the end of the month, and absolutely will not pass up the chance to try regional cuisine. At least I will get most of the month in before I head out.

Question: Does anyone have any recommendations for workouts that pair well with Whole 30? And any recommendations for W30 approved pre and post-workout snacks?

Also, please let me know if anyone in the DC area would be interested in possibly forming a small supper club that could meet every few weeks and do a potluck-style dinners.

Welcome Chris (from a fellow Chris)!

So it sounds like you won't be able to get a full Whole30 in before your trip at the end of October?  It certainly won't hurt to eat following the Whole30 rules as long as you can before then. Perhaps after you get back, you'll be able to commit to the full program.

Any exercise is welcome on a Whole30.  Pre and post workout recommendations are discussed extensively in the Whole30 for athletes section.  In general, per the recommended meal template, pre is protein and fat, and post is protein and optional carb. Popular choices around here for pre are a hard boiled egg and homemade mayo, and post is chicken and sweet potato.

Hi Chris,

Those sound like delicious recommendations! Thank you for introducing me to the athlete and meal template resources. My plan is definitely to do as much Whole 30 as possible before the trip, and get right back on afterwards.

Archived