Starting Today, 10/19/15!

JessRN

I'm here too! Just haven't been coming to the forum as often as I would like.  We're almost there guys!  I'm faced with attending a conference next week and am dreading all the bad snacks they will have laid out. I am planning to pack several compliant items to take with me on the trip but I am getting anxious about it.

I also feel like I need to keep going past the 30 days.  I have seen differences in my body - my curves are making a comeback!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've really hit a weird wall, guys.  I don't feel good.  I don't feel healthy.  I have no energy.  Sugar looks amazing.  And I'm in a terrible mood.

WHAT GIVES???  It's day 23, isn't that all first week stuff?!?!

I'm really sad that I don't have energy and I feel awful.  It's making me depressed.  I've followed my Whole30 to the LETTER, so I cannot figure it out.

@Jess - How are you feeling today?

I've actually also had a bit of a tough time over the last two days (yesterday and today), but I think it might be due to emotional/stressful stuff happening rather than the whole30 itself. Some big sugar dragon power struggles, but it seemed less rooted in cravings and more rooted in wanting to self-soothe via food.... aaaah, my good ol' emotional eating habit trying to rear its ugly head, so lovely. Since I haven't been able to use my go-to means of coping (eating all of the carbs ever), I've just been feeling a bit "off". Blah. Got out to a yoga class which helped a little, but it's definitely been unnerving to get to this point and have the thought of, "Well, I could just hit the drive-thru..." even cross my mind in a non-serious way.

6 days left, guys! I can't believe it's almost here!

Still feeling terrible :(  No energy today, headachy, grouchy.  It's really weird and super discouraging.  Also, my body feels like it hasn't changed at all.  

I'm really wondering what the heck is wrong with me. 

@JessRN hi Jess! eat more healthy fat. I have guacamole in all of my meals and its been giving me more energy and keeps me satiated til my next meal.

Day 25 guys! we are almost there. I plan on sticking to this plan because I like how I feel about my body and how much my relationship with food has changed. I am currently training for a full ironman and need a sugar and electrolytes during the weekends when I do long bike rides and long runs... so I plan to stick with the plan with the exception of energy bars and electrolytes.

Good job guys!!!

Wow Day 25!!

It has FLOWN by!WOW!

I feel good I haven't been getting the right amount of sleep due to packing and moving and getting my wedding in order!

9 more days until the wedding!

I am planning on going Whole30 up until the wedding then on the wedding I will eat whatever kind of deal. I know that is not something that should be done but I want to enjoy my wedding with any food and wine I would like to have!

My mom is a huge help with me during this Whole30 because she knows exactly what I can and can't have and when I come home from work there is food for me to eat quite regularly the other half of days I cook for my fiancé and 1, so there won't be a complete shock when I come home to find that the house has stayed the same as the way I have left it.

We've GOT THIS!! :)

Day 28, how's everyone doing. Not sure why but these last couple days have actually been the hardest for me. I've been super busy at work and signing up to take on more than I should so maybe its the stress. After this week I'll have a little less to do though so thats good. 

:)

Hey guys, DAY 29!  Holy cow!

I'm doing well, and considering how much stress I've been under, I am proud of myself for sticking with it to the letter!

Good news/bad news.  No pituitary gland tumor!  Bad news, I have a large "complex" ovarian cyst that needs to be watched for growth and may require surgery.  I also may lose the ovary.  Scary scary scary.  Waiting for my doctor to call me to discuss next steps.  

BUT, honestly, I stuck with my whole30!  I did not go for comfort foods.  Though I felt mighty tempted, trust me!  Shows how 30 days isn't long enough to change some really ingrained bad habits.  I also got this news at WORK!  I lost it for about two minutes and was able to bring myself down and focus on my patients for the rest of the shift.  So to me, this is a serious improvement in my anxiety and stress coping skills!  

I'm still going for a whole60, though it will be very hard.  I am definitely struggling more now than I have been the whole program with temptation and the sugar dragon.  I cut out fruit a few days ago (I was only eating one apple a day) to see if it was causing my energy/mood fluctuations and OH MAN I was getting sugar dragon cravings for APPLES.  WOW!!!  So fruit is out for now.  I'm leaving sweet potatoes in my diet though, because honestly I need it for energy on workout days and work days when I'm highly active.

I hope everyone is doing great!  I can't wait to see everyone's pics tomorrow!

Hey guys, DAY 29!  Holy cow!

I'm doing well, and considering how much stress I've been under, I am proud of myself for sticking with it to the letter!

Good news/bad news.  No pituitary gland tumor!  Bad news, I have a large "complex" ovarian cyst that needs to be watched for growth and may require surgery.  I also may lose the ovary.  Scary scary scary.  Waiting for my doctor to call me to discuss next steps.  

BUT, honestly, I stuck with my whole30!  I did not go for comfort foods.  Though I felt mighty tempted, trust me!  Shows how 30 days isn't long enough to change some really ingrained bad habits.  I also got this news at WORK!  I lost it for about two minutes and was able to bring myself down and focus on my patients for the rest of the shift.  So to me, this is a serious improvement in my anxiety and stress coping skills!  

I'm still going for a whole60, though it will be very hard.  I am definitely struggling more now than I have been the whole program with temptation and the sugar dragon.  I cut out fruit a few days ago (I was only eating one apple a day) to see if it was causing my energy/mood fluctuations and OH MAN I was getting sugar dragon cravings for APPLES.  WOW!!!  So fruit is out for now.  I'm leaving sweet potatoes in my diet though, because honestly I need it for energy on workout days and work days when I'm highly active.

I hope everyone is doing great!  I can't wait to see everyone's pics tomorrow!

that's a lot of stress to deal with, and you didn't waver on your eating plan - awesome! I'm so sorry about the medical news though :( Thinking of you!!

Thank you guys for being so supportive and having my back!  Talked to my doctor today.  She is not worried about the cyst at this time.  We will check it in 6 weeks to see if it's gone and to make sure it didn't get bigger.  She really reassured me that the image doesn't look anything like cancer to her.  This was a huge relief for sure!

Day 30!!!!!! I am so excited that we made it finally. I cant wait to have a cookie tomorrow and then get back on the no sugar band wagon. I am so impressed that I made it, this is the only meal plan I have ever stuck with this long and the only one I have gotten such great results from. I will defiantly try to keep the general guidelines going strong in the future. 

Day 30!  Congrats guys, I'm so proud of you all!!!!  For me, it's just the first half of my journey.  But I am extremely proud of myself as well.  I could dwell on the subtlety of my changes and feel sad I'm not rocking "tiger blood," but today I prefer to make a list of what went right!

1)  My skin is softer and more radiant 
2)  I haven't had any stabbing pains in my stomach all month
3)  I am smaller and lighter than when I started
4)  My boyfriend and I tackled this together, supported each other, and worked as a team.  It felt great!
5)  I'm taking less sleep aides than before
6)  My anxiety, mood and stress coping ability are much improved! (even being able to make this list of positives is a huge step)

Great job guys! 

Can't believe we did it. I never thought I would be able to do a full 30 days and I did. I feel so much better about myself and today I stood on the scale for the first time since day 1.............down 13lbs!!!

That was a huge victory but my pictures are even more impressive. As well as how great I feel. Can't wait to do another round!!

Good for you for sticking with it, Jess! Reintroductions have been interesting for me. I don't know why, but I was expecting my post- whole30 reactions to foods I know I have suspected issues with to be more severe, and have found instead that I'm having to REALLY pay attention to the subtle ways that some foods make me feel bad. I've been pretty happy to continue to eat whole30-ish, but I think there are a couple of foods (namely peanut butter and white rice) that didn't cause any noticeable upsets for me that I will be glad to have every once in awhile. 

I think I'm about ready for re-introduction.  But I plan to really limit it, because I'm staying low-carb.  Today is Day 38.  I've already gotten away from organic meat due to financial concerns.  I think I will start re-introducing dairy soon

Archived