Day 2

coloradojg

I'm having a hard time breaking my smoothie have it so I had a smoothie for breakfast with coconut milk almond milk half an apple a quarter of a banana lettuce and a carrot I really hope that's OK.

Lunch is grilled steak and chicken,asparagus a half handful of macadamia nuts and a handful of olives. Again I hope that's OK

Lunch is good.

Urmmm breakfast - not so much.  Smoothies although not prohibited, they are not exactly encouraged either.  They are generally a pretty large sugar hit - yes I know it's just veggies and fruit - but your body processes food differently liquefied rather than being chewed.  And smoothies tend to be fruit heavy.  We encourage you to chew your food.   

Also by having your smoothie you were totally missing a protein.  Every meal should consist of 1-2 palm sized portions of protein, 1 - 3 cups of vegetables, 1 -2 thumb sized portions of fat and fruit.  Fruit should never push vegetables off your plate.

So what would be better is: a 3 egg omelet with spinach, mushrooms and peppers with mayo.  If you wanted to have a smoothie it would be a small portion on the side of your breakfast - not the main event.

By having a smoothie you set yourself up for having a sugar crash and being hungry early on.  Also this form of fuel will restrict you from becoming fat burning individual.  One of the goals of a whole 30 is change you from being sugar burning to fat burning.

• Moderators

Here is a special Whole30 rule for you specifically... No smoothies for the next 30 days. Some people might be able to make it consuming a smoothie here and there, but you look like someone for whom smoothies will completely undermine their Whole30 experience. Go cold turkey now! 

Archived