Gail - W30 - Start Date 09/17/2012

Gail S

Start Date: 09/17/2012

Used the weekend to clear out cupboards and refrigerator. Saw a lot of my food standbys go into the garbage. Bye, cottage cheese, yogurt, string cheese, butter, etc. Hello broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato, carrots, squash, etc. It is definitely going to be a shift in thinking especially when I walk in the door from work or working out hungry. I also did some food prep to set myself up for sucess.

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled with mushrooms and tomatoes in olive oil

Lunch:

• Spring mix salad grees with diced tomatoes, mushrooms and cucumbers
  • Baby Carrots
  • Sliced Cucumbers
  • 4 hard boiled eggs
  • Balsamic vinegar as the dressing

Dinner (this is where the wheels come slightly off the bus as I was hungry when I walked in the door and really didn't have anything ready to go)

Before dinner:
  • 2 beef sticks
  • Coconut cream lara bar

Dinner
  • 2 chicken kabobs (green peppers, onionis & mushrooms)
  • green beans, steamed
  • handful of cashews
  • carrot and sweet potatoe cake

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 2:

Well today I am feeling a big fuzzy brained. Woke up late. Set the alarm clock all wrong and had made the choice not to pre-pack my gym bag or my lunch. Oops, that made this morning a real scramble. Definitely have a slight headache today. Not too hungry this morning so we will see what I can stomach.

Breakfast

• 2 carrot and sweet potatoe cakes
  • 1/2 sausage patty
  • 1 hard cooked egg

Lunch

Chicken kabobs with green peppers, mushrooms and onions

Green beans

cucumbers, sliced

Chia tea

Dinner - Plan to have

Summer squash

Italian sausage

red sugar-free sauce

I hope I am getting enough vegetables in. I feel like 1/2 my plate is protein and 1/2 is vegetables. We will see how this goes. It seems like a lot of food.

Dinner was interesting. Made the Italian sausage into meatballs and started the browning. Discovered I didn't have any spaghetti sauce in the house and I didn't want to go to the grocery store. Found a can of Rotel tomatoes and decided it would work. Added it to the skillet along with the spaghetti squash. Plated it, took a bite and WOW was it spicy. I was expecting some spice from the Italian sausage but this was beyond it. Check the can of Rotel and discovered it was the hot variety. So if hot stuff is suppose to raise the metabolism, I am covered for tonight. Other than than being spicy it was awesome!

Also had some unsweetened coconut.

Starting to get some negative feedback on my choice to do the Whole30 for the next 30 days. Nothing I can't handle but it is disappointing others are not supportive.

Your dinner sounds delicious! I'm starting to see that it's better for me to make my own tomato sauce since so many in the stores have either sugar or some sort of oil I don't want in there. Looks like you've had a great start to your W30. I'm sorry you've had some not so encouraging comments from others. Your transformation is the most important thing. Keep going!

Dinner was interesting. Made the Italian sausage into meatballs and started the browning. Discovered I didn't have any spaghetti sauce in the house and I didn't want to go to the grocery store. Found a can of Rotel tomatoes and decided it would work. Added it to the skillet along with the spaghetti squash. Plated it, took a bite and WOW was it spicy. I was expecting some spice from the Italian sausage but this was beyond it. Check the can of Rotel and discovered it was the hot variety. So if hot stuff is suppose to raise the metabolism, I am covered for tonight. Other than than being spicy it was awesome!

Also had some unsweetened coconut.

Starting to get some negative feedback on my choice to do the Whole30 for the next 30 days. Nothing I can't handle but it is disappointing others are not supportive.

Day 3:

Feel okay today. Not fantasic. No headache today. Yeah! I think I need to work more on getting some good fats in my daily food. I don't think cooking with olive oil and eating cashews occasionally is enough.

Breakfast:

• Beef stick (I was hungry when I woke up but my breakfast was at work so this held me over until I got to work)
  • 1/2 Sausage patty
  • 1 carrot & sweet potato cake
  • 1 hard boiled egg

Lunch:

• Chicken breast
  • sweet potato roasted in olive oil
  • radishes roasted in olive oil
  • Strawberry and peach smoothie from the Farmer's market
  • Kale Chips with nutritional yeast.

Still need to figure out dinner tonight. Wednesday's could be challenge as I typcially go right from work to the chiropractor and then to the bowling alley until 9 pm. After that it is home to unwind for about 15 mintues and then it is off to bed. I may have to see what the bowling alley can do to a salad to make it compliant this week.

Dinner:

• Hamburger, chopped
  • tomatoe, slice
  • pickles, dill
  • onion, red, sliced
  • lettuce
  • apple, sliced with unsweetened shredded coconut and cashews
  • plum

After studying the menu I think I gave the poor waitress a heart attack. Told her I wanted the hamburger cooked on a dry grill, no bun, no ketchup or mustard, just bring me the tomato, pickles and onion. Then told her I wanted to subtitute a salad for the chips but I wanted to sald with no cheese, croutons and no dresses. She said so basically you want just lettuce on a plate. I said yes. LOL. I chopped up the hamburger, onion, tomoato and pickles, added them to the salad. It was really good and I didn't even miss the dressing.

Day 4

Woke up this morning before my alarm went off and felt great. Feeling more energized today so I hope it lasts. Also it seems the knee and ankle pain I have been battling is starting to improve so I definitely needs to continue.

Breakfast:

• 2 Carrot & sweet potatoes cakes
  • 1 sausage patty
  • 2 fried eggs

Lunch

• Chicken breast
  • sweet potato roasted in olive oil
  • radishes roasted in olive oil

Dinner

• 5 egg omelet with mushrooms, red peppers and yellow tomotoes

Day 5

Woke up again before the alarm. Feeling energized and very mentally clear. Loving this feeling.

Breakfast:

• 3 eggs, scrambled
  • Italian sausage
  • tomato, yellow, diced
  • mushrooms, diced
  • Couple handfuls spinach

Lunch:

• Mixed greens (half herb, half spinach)
  • carrots, grated
  • mushrooms, diced
  • tomatoes, diced
  • 4 hardcooked eggs
  • balsamic vinegar for dressing
  • Carrot Cake larabar

Dinner:

• Italian Sausage
  • Pork Sausage
  • zucchini, green and yellow
  • onion, red
  • carrots, grated
  • pepper, red, diced
  • broccoli, chopped
  • Stirfry together in olive oil
  • 8 olives

Super yummy!

Day 6

Breakfast

• 3 eggs, fried
  • tomato, yellow, sliced
  • pepper, red, sliced
  • cataloupe

Lunch

• Pulled chicken
  • Baby carrots
  • tomato, yellow, sliced
  • olives
  • cataloupe

Dinner

• chicken tenders, some with cajun seasoning and others with rosemary herb
  • butternut squash
  • plums and cantaloupe
  • olives stuffed with garlic cloves

Day 7

Stayed up late last night. Got involved in reading a book and didn't notice the time. Figured I would be tired today but instead I have some insane energy. The pain I have been having in my knew and ankle as so much improved. I was even able go down the stairs normally while caring the laundry basket. That was nice. Doing some pre-cooking for the week and already have lunch made and packed for tomorrow. I really need to watch my fruit intake.

Breakfast

• 2 fried eggs
  • Stirfry of zucchinni and mushrooms

Lunch

• hamburger, green onion and mushroom
  • onion, slice
  • green beans
  • organic dates rolled in coconut
  • plum

Dinner

Stirfry consisting of:

• shredded carrots,
  • onion,
  • mushrooms,
  • broccoli,
  • cauliflower
  • garlic stuffed olives
  • red pepper
  • cooked chicken, diced

Day 8

Went to bed on time (trying to work on being in bed by 9:30 and reading until 10) but woke up this morning not felling like I really rested. After I got ready for the day felt better, more energy. My knee and ankels still is not really bothering me but my lower back is slightly flared up. Thinking it might be the amoutn of red peppers and tomatoes I have been eating. I had basically eliminated them ~2 months ago on the advice of my chiropractor when I was battling some low back issues. I am thinking I need to just eliminate them totally which makes me sad as they are two of my favorite go to vegetables. I love them raw and cooked. I guess I need to look at this as an opportunity to find new items to try. I did find some coconut butter yesterday but I haven't tried it yet.

Breakfast

• 2 eggs, soft
  • mushrooms, fried in olive oil
  • tomato, yellow, diced
  • 5 olives

Lunch

• Salad with vegetables, olives and leftover green onion and mushroom hamburger.

Snack

• Lara coconut creme bar (post- workout)

Dinner

• sweet potato
  • left over stirfry from last night
  • 2 chicken tenders seasoned with rosemary
  • plum, spread with coconut butter

Day 9

Breakfast

• egg casserole with sausage, onion, sweet potatoes and salsa

Lunch

chicken tenders with some cajun seasoning

green beans

plum

I had planned to eat a beef stick but remembered to check the label only to find it had some soy in it. Ugh! On a good note even though work has been a real bummer (extremely stressful which would normal cause me to run to bad eating) I have managed to resist giving into soothing my emotions with food and focus on what I really want. It has been good to identify an emtional trigger, stop and choose the best path instead of just getting swept up in the tidel wave. Yeah me.

Dinner

• pulled chicken
  • squash
  • 5 olives stuffed with garlic
  • plum with coconut butter
  • raspberries

Day 10

Did not sleep well last night. Not sure why. I went to bed early but I know there was a lot of tossing and turning. Feel okay this morning but still a bit groggy. Planning a trip to the farmers market over lunch. Looking forward to lots of fresh vegggies

Breakfast

• egg casserole
  • 1/2 avocado

Lunch

• egg casserole
  • 1/2 avocado
  • Greek salad with tomato, cucumber, peppers and olives (olive oil and lemon dressing)
  • beef jerky

Dinner

• Hamburger
  • onion
  • two tomato slices
  • dill pickles
  • lettuce
  • 2 beef jerky sticks

Day 11

Really dragging today. Low energy, bad mood. And of course I came into work and someone decided that they needed to use the empty desk in front of me to put chocolate brownies for a food day . GRRR. I finally requested them to move them. The sugar smell was revolting and enticing all at the same time. Hopefully this will pass quickly.

Breakfast:

• 3 eggs, scrambled
  • 1/4 red pepper, diced
  • carrots, shredded
  • mushrooms, diced
  • olives
  • yellow pepper, diced
  • broccoli, diced

Lunch:

• egg casserole
  • hamburger

Dinner

chicken, shredded

vegetable stir-fry (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, yellow and red peppers, olives, garlic, tomatoes)

beef stick

plum

Day 12

Day off from work Wahoo!. I need it Went to bed early and let my body wake me up in the AM. It was almost my regular time. Feeling better day, more energy. Now to get ready for a great weekend.

Breakfast

• 2 soft cooked eggs
  • veggie mix of broccoli, summer squash and mushrooms
  • olives

Day 11

Really dragging today. Low energy, bad mood. And of course I came into work and someone decided that they needed to use the empty desk in front of me to put chocolate brownies for a food day . GRRR. I finally requested them to move them. The sugar smell was revolting and enticing all at the same time. Hopefully this will pass quickly.

Breakfast:

• 3 eggs, scrambled
  • 1/4 red pepper, diced
  • carrots, shredded
  • mushrooms, diced
  • olives
  • yellow pepper, diced
  • broccoli, diced

Lunch:

• egg casserole
  • hamburger

Dinner

chicken, shredded

vegetable stir-fry (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, yellow and red peppers, olives, garlic, tomatoes)

beef stick

plum

I know what you mean, I went to the ATM in a supermarket last week and was tucked in beside a freshly baked croissant stand!! My mouth was watering without my permission!!

Days 13 and 14

Camping with family all weekend was a success but I went into it with a plan. I planned my meals beforehand and made sure to have everything on hand. Many of my relatives couldn't believe how healthy I was eating and actually made rude comments but I really didn't care. I am doing this for me and only me so they can think my food is gross. All their salads and desserts really didn't have any appeal to me.

Ate: grilled pork chops, grilled chicken tenders marinaded in olive oil and rosemary, grilled zucchini, sweet potato and carrot cakes, sausage, asparagus, plums, kiwi berries and strawberries.

Day 15 (1/2 way there)

Breakfast

• egg casserole (eggs, mushrooms, salsa, green peppers, meat with taco seasoning)

Lunch

• Mixed lettuce
  • carrot & sweet potato cake
  • meat with taco seasoning
  • peppers, yellow
  • tomatoes, yellow
  • carrots, baby
  • Kiwi berries

Snack: Coconut Creme Larabar

Dinner

• 3 eggs scrambled
  • vegetable stirfry (zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, mushrooms, olives stuffed with garlic, yellow pepper)
  • strawberries and kiwi berries

Day 17

Breakfast

• egg casserole

Lunch

• hamburger with garlic, onions and taco seasoning
  • yellow tomoto
  • endive
  • olives
  • plum
  • sweet potato chips
  • wheatgrass lemonade

Snack

• Beef Stick

Dinner

• 2 - 1/4 lb hamburgers
  • lettuce
  • tomato
  • onion
  • beef stick

For some reason it has been hungry day.

Day 18

Breakfast

• egg casserole

Snack

• raw coconut

Lunch

• Hamburger seasoned with taco seasoning and onions
  • green beans
  • kiwi berries

Snack

• beef stick

Dinner

• Turger burger
  • fresh broccoli, steamed
  • grilled onions
  • tomato
  • cashews

Day 19

Sleeping really well. Waking up refreshed ready for the day. Starting to love how I am feeling.

Breakfast

• 3 eggs
  • mushrooms sauted in olive oil

Lunch

• Turkey burger
  • onion & tomato
  • fresh broccoli, steamed
  • strawberries and raspberries

Snack

• Raw coconut and cashews

Day 20 & 21

The weekend. Ate well even at family gatherings. It is a great feeling to look at all the side dishes and desserts full of processed non-food ingredients and not even feel the urge to eat them. Looking forward to the remaining 9 days but in reality I am looking forward to eating this way for the long term and feeling great.

Archived