Hello out there, newbie here!

Miss Em

Hi,   I am Emily.  I roped the hubby into starting the Whole 30 with me TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!  It took me a week to convince him and I have no idea if he is really commited but I AM!  I am sitting here working on our menu for the week, shopping list and cooking schedule.  Did I mention we have 3 and 7 year old who are kind of (but not really) doing it with us.  We are taking the approach of when we run out we don't restock.  So day zero and I am stressed to the hilt.  We need this and I can do this but I feel like I am doing it alone and forcing my family to walk the plank. So any constructive advice anyone coming from a similar situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and I will be back soon!

Hello Emily! And welcome!

I'm only on Day 7, but I'ved already learned to plan ahead but keep it simple. That served me well through all those years I was throwing dinner on the table for my family after working all day. Grill or bake a protein, add a salad and cooked vegetable and done!

(My daughters still tease me about the time I was mixing up egg salad - a lunch favorite of theirs - and put cloves in instead of paprika!)

Just remember that what you CHOOSE to eat and CHOOSING to do something beneficial to you is not depriving your family in any way.

Welcome aboard! Keep it simple; plan to always have leftovers on hand for those days when you need grab-and-go. Figure out how to alter some of your regular meals so they fit the plan. Eat lots. Try to avoid food boredom by throwing in something new every now & then. Don't stress over any of it... you can always find answers & support on the forums, so lean on all of us as often as you want to.

My hubby doesn't do Whole30 but that's okay with me. Generally, he eats what I eat, but he is an excellent cook and is perfectly capable of mucking about in the kitchen if he wants to. Mostly he doesn't want to :D  which means he might eat the eggs I cook for breakfast, but not necessarily add the vegs (unless it's potatoes). I just cook enough variety that there is lots for everyone (the rest of my family is here fairly often) to pick & choose the bits they want. When I make something new that I'm a little worried that he won't much like, I drag out the leftovers so he can pick around the new, strange thing, and try it or not, as he chooses. I like all W30 foods, so I figure that leftovers or rejected recipes just means more for me. ;)

There are a couple of threads on here dealing with kids on Whole30 which you could explore as well. ​

You are starting on an incredible journey and you will be amazed. My husband and I did it together and finished in Sept. And we have continued since doing a very slow reintro. Staying compliant at home is our mantra.

Don'the stress. Take one day at a time-prepping is the key. Turn to the forum if you have any questions or problems - everyone is here to help and support you.

The food is great and it is fun making and learning new recipes.

Since doing Whole 30 and really changing my relationship with food - I am never hungry or crave sugar

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life and what a life it will be

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY - AND REMEMBER WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU

Archived