Day 15 and exhausted

kmg5188

I am on day 15 and so so tired, I get 8 hours of sleep everynight. I eat eggs and veggies in the morning meat and veggies for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner, when I get home I crash on the couch until I need to make dinner because I have no energy. I also still have crazy sugar cravings, I am a baker so I feel like I will never get over the smell of warm cookies but I am hoping it will get better. Is it normal to feel like this 2 weeks in?

• Moderators

Your tiredness does not sound normal. I wonder if you are getting enough carbohydrates. Are you eating any starchy veggies like sweet potato or butternut squash. If not, add some and see if it helps. The other consideration would be that you are not eating enough overall. Replacing all the calories you used to eat with meat and veggies may require more food than you think. Are you sure you are eating enough?

I feel like I am eating plenty, this was my menu today: breakfast: 2 eggs with zuchini spinach and mushroom. lunch: pork chop, cauliflower, brocoli and spinach. dinner: meatloaf, carrots, broccoli. I stick with the palm sized protein, thumb sized fat, and fill the rest of my plate with veggies everytime. Could I be eating too much?? I will try adding sweet potato and butternut squash as I am not really eating many starchy veggies. Thank you!

• Moderators

The amount you are eating sounds okay. Two eggs is a little light, but I'm a 5 egg guy. There is no way you are eating too much. I guess we have to see how the starchy veggies work for you.

Do you have any new stressors in your life? Sometimes we think food is the answer to everything, but new demands at work, illness in your family, even a new puppy can add enough stress to get a reaction.

I am a chef and as you know this is really hard to be around everything that I can't eat all the time. I am only on day 5 but sweet potatoes gave me a ton of energy because I experienced this two days ago and could barley do anything the other day. Also lots of fall squash mixed up in everything helps too!

Archived