Ideas for stuffed pepper recipe?

Prairie Farmer

Hi!  Anybody have a compliant stuffed pepper recipe?  I have some of the last poblano peppers from the garden and some great pork left from a roast, wanted to use them up.  Before Whole30, I would do roasted peppers stuffed with some sort of meat, rice, tomatoes and cheese combination.  Any suggestions for good replacements of mostly the rice?  I was thinking of maybe mashed potatoes mixed with meat and tomato?  Maybe that's weird?

anyways any suggestions much appreciated!
Georgie 

Hmmm, the mashed potato would be *okay* but I'd be more inclined to bulk up the meat with finely chopped veg like zucchini, onion & mushroom along with some tinned chopped tomatoes (& maybe a spoonful or two of broth, and possibly even some grated carrot...), and then add in some fresh herbs like parsley maybe? Serve with some avocado on the side & you're good to go - Or switch the herbs for something like oregano & serve with olives for a more Mediterranean flavor...

I rarely cook from a recipe book these days so can't provide a link, but I find that working with whatever veg are in season tends to work out for the best as they always have a good strong flavour.

Hey thanks!  After posting this topic I got the brilliant idea to search the forum and found some recipe links!  I went with the cauliflower rice stuffing.  I have to admit, although most of the Whole30 recipes I've been quite pleased with and haven't noticed any of the "missing" things, I did miss the creaminess some sort of cheese or dairy usually offers this recipe when I made it Whole30 prior.  Avocado did help.

This morning however I heated one back up, had it with a fried egg, avocado and a pickled Hungarian Wax Pepper my husband had just put it up and that was quite satisfying!  

Archived