Starting Nov. 30

krturner68

Just finished the book. Tomorrow I need to prepare myself. Clean out the cupboard and fridge of the junk, weigh and measure and mentally prepare! I have a lot of will power and think I can be successful. When I turned 30 (I'm 47 now) I woke up one morning and decided to stop smoking. Cold turkey. So I know I can mentally battle cravings. I'm also ready to become healthy so it's time to do this!

I'm starting my second round on Nov 30 and glad to find a buddy or two. Last round was in June and since then I've backslidded a bit - as in I need to get off my arse and finish this thing through! Nice to meet you.

Good luck on Day 1

I'm starting November 30 as well...which is today! Second round of Whole30, did the first one a few months ago. Got back on some of my not-so-good habits and my body didn't like it one bit... Tired and frustrated of all the pain, I decided last week to get back on track.It may be holiday season, but I don't care. We're able to do this! 

Day 2 this morning. A bit tired, didn't want to get out of bed. I would have stayed in for a few more hours. Hope all of your Day 1 went great! I have an early Christmas event next Saturday. Already talked to the host about bringing my own compliant food. I'll stay on track ! Good job everyone!

Day 1 down and day 2 started -- I am peeing like crazy today.... detox? Had the most delicious baked brussels sprouts last night -- fresh sprouts, cut in half, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper - baked 15 min - flipped and baked another 10-15. Even my husband said -- I like brussel sprouts now!

• Moderators

I also started today! I have a lot of digestive issues and daily headaches, i am hoping to get to the bottom of them! I am looking for more recipes!

Whole Life Eating is moderator Tom Denham's site -- all recipes on it are Whole30 compliant. Well Fed has many Whole30 recipes -- if you end up liking what's on the website, you might look into her two cookbooks, Well Fed and Well Fed 2, both 99.5% Whole30 compliant recipes. Many of the recipes on Nom Nom Paleo are Whole30, although definitely read through them, she does have some that are not. Also check out the Recipe Sharing section here on the forum for ideas.

Having said all that, though, don't get too caught up in recipes -- sometimes it's nice to keep it simple. Ground beef, seasoned simply with salt, pepper, onions, and garlic, can be eaten on its own, in a salad, stuffed in a baked potato or sweet potato, stir fried with vegetables -- and if you make a couple of different sauces each week, you can totally change the flavor in exactly the same dish just by topping it with a different sauce. Roasted vegetables are easy and tasty, and you can make some ahead to reheat later -- already roasted veggies make stir fries cook faster, can be tossed into a salad to bulk it up, or could be scrambled with eggs in the morning for breakfast.

I'll join this group too since I'm just a day ahead of yall and people are actually posting on here, so it will give me some encouragement! Day 3 yesterday I definitely had a headache, the kinds I used to have when I had low serotonin levels. I have tried to up my starchy carbs and fruits to give me more serotonin as I am pre-disposed to depression and do not want to go through that again! Today (day 4) I felt a lot better. Today was the first day I started to feel carb cravings, though, so hopefully will stay strong in the next few days! I'm over hump day and so close to making it a full week!

Day 4!! This is actually usually when I start feeling better. I have done like 10 restarts of an attempt at my 2nd whole 30 -- I think the most I made it was 14 days. I find it amazing that I haven't been able to be successful the second time yet -- because I literally ate almost 100 % whole 30 for the better part of a year. I need to get back there. On a positive note -- food is already tasting better. 

Started Day Four. So far, I haven't had any cravings. My first two days were serious detox and I felt under the weather. Day Three I felt energized. I went on a 3 mile walk. I've been suffering with plantar fasciitis for the past 6 months so long walks enflame my heel; running is out of the question. Yesterday's walk irritated by heel a bit but felt fine after a stretch and this morning no pain at all. I also started taking tart cherry supplements to help with inflammation. I'm really feeling like eating healthier is helping the healing process and I'm hoping I can start running by January! I'm enjoying this program (more so than any other I've tried). I'm hoping those that started this week are feeling the same! 

Archived