Struggling on day 4!!!

So eat something. Protein, fat, and veggies. Drink a big glass of water. Go for a walk. Pat the dog.

Remember to eat regular meals composed of protein, fat, and veggies, and if you need more food, eat it. Stay hydrated, and treat yourself well.

You can do this.

Follow the meal template! Eat! Include foods that you especially love! (For me, it's olives. And mustard. And roasted veggies of any kind. And balsamic vinegar. And clarified butter (I make my own) and . . . . You get the idea.)

If you follow the meal template, you will feel satisfied . . . and nourished . . . physically and emotionally and you won't have cravings for things not on Whole30. Yes, this may take "a while" but for sure, eating ENOUGH at each meal and making sure you get enough fat and protein and a ton of veggies will satisfy you so much, eating after a meal will be the last thing on your mind.

Trust the process and FOLLOW the template! 

When you are in social situations, have something you love available. (For me, it's Lacroix sparkling water.) If the get together if for a meal, cook or bring food you can eat. Tell your friends/loved ones that you are on a food elimination plan to increase your health and ask for their support.

LLLE, I am a mere baby W30-etc, but I know how you feel. I think it's ok to rant and vent about it - they do talk about mourning things, and I think there's a big emotional attachment to certain foods as a hook into rituals (at least there is for me). So rant and vent, and then distract yourself, as everyone has suggested. And make sure that you are well-nourished with real food too. Good luck and hope you are hanging in there.

Thanks everyone for all your help, I think my biggest problem was waiting too long between lunch & dinner (not by choice but circumstance, but that had to change) with a little more prep I've been able to prevent that time span from getting too long and therefore avoiding the cravings and the grumpies. I'm on DAY 7 so I made it past a few difficult cravings and I'm feeling good, maybe just a little tired. My body still hasn't adjusted to burning fat and wants all those easy burn carbs but I think that will be changing soon. I am hungry all the time right now so I upped my portions and my good fats. Olives and guacamole are two of my favorite things to fill the hole if my proteins just don't cut it.

Archived