Link to Naked Bacon, a sugar free bacon!

Thanks, Dedicated. But it's 16.95 for 8 ounces! And $29 with "cold expedited shipping"!

I don't miss bacon. Yet. :-)

When I do, I'd rather order from grasslandbeef.com. $18.95 for 24 ounces. There's a $75 minimum but you can get all kinds of free range beef and poultry and wild seafood.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Thanks, Dedicated. But it's 16.95 for 8 ounces! And $29 with "cold expedited shipping"!

I don't miss bacon. Yet. :-)

When I do, I'd rather order from grasslandbeef.com. $18.95 for 24 ounces. There's a $75 minimum but you can get all kinds of free range beef and poultry and wild seafood.

grasslandbeef.com is also known as US Wellness Meats, which you'll see mentioned on the forum sometimes -- I like their bacon, it's thick cut and very smoky flavored. I order some occasionally. If you aren't picky about needing strips of bacon, like if you're going to chop it up to add to something else anyway, try their bacon ends, which are a little cheaper. They're thicker bits and pieces, some almost more like chunks of ham, with the same smoky flavor of their bacon.

I will say, the first time I ordered bacon from them, I wasn't sure I liked it at first. It's thicker cut than a lot of what you buy at the store, and has a very, very strong smoky flavor. Now I prefer that, and was disappointed when I finally found the Pedersons everyone talks about, which was much thinner slices and the flavor was just -- different. Not bad, but different.

grasslandbeef.com is also known as US Wellness Meats, which you'll see mentioned on the forum sometimes -- I like their bacon, it's thick cut and very smoky flavored. I order some occasionally. If you aren't picky about needing strips of bacon, like if you're going to chop it up to add to something else anyway, try their bacon ends, which are a little cheaper. They're thicker bits and pieces, some almost more like chunks of ham, with the same smoky flavor of their bacon.

I will say, the first time I ordered bacon from them, I wasn't sure I liked it at first. It's thicker cut than a lot of what you buy at the store, and has a very, very strong smoky flavor. Now I prefer that, and was disappointed when I finally found the Pedersons everyone talks about, which was much thinner slices and the flavor was just -- different. Not bad, but different.

Thanks, Shannon! I'm planning to order from them in the new year and I have my eye on the bacon ends as I'm always looking for a bargain (so I can throw more fistfuls of money at my art).

Archived