What symptoms to look for when reintroducing?

sboavida

Hi everyone! So, I have successfully concluded my whole30 two days ago (hurray!) and decided to do a 15 day reintroduction plan until the end of the year in this order: non-gluten grains, dairy, gluten grains, sugar, legumes and wine. So every 3 days I'll introduce something new, that's exciting (at least I thought so).

Yesterday I had some rice with my lunch and kept everything else W30 compliant. WOW! I was expecting no problems with white rice but it turns out that I feel bloated, I was passing A LOT of gas all night (sorry for the TMI) and I feel really discouraged of trying to reintroduce any other food groups, I just wanna crawl again under my W30 blanket.

My question is: what should I be looking for when reintroducing? Is bloating and gas a problem, or is it just my body readjusting?

I really don't know what to expect, in two days I'll be introducing dairy and I am soooo afraid! HELP!

Sorry you're feeling discouraged.  Reactions are different for everyone.  Generally if you feel bloating and gas upon reintroduction, you're reacting negatively to the food you reintroduced . 

Other negative reactions can include things like headaches, diarrhea, craving off-plan foods, skin issues, joint issues, sadness, tiredness, and anger.

Unfortunately, we don't have a crystal ball, so we can't tell you what dairy or other reintroductions will look like for you individually. Like the rest of the Whole30, it's an experiment of n=1.

Depending on your reactions, after you're through with reintroductions, then you decide what's worth it to eat, and in what frequency, going forward.

Thank you for your answer, that was helpful. I was finding it so hard to believe that I am having a negative reation to white rice, but I guess I am.

I look forward to feeling "myself" again, it just sucks that after 2 weeks feeling amazing I am now feeling like crap. Guess this is the reason why most people keep eating whole30-ish after a successful whole30.

I would move onto the "slow roll" approach, but knowing myself I would probably have more than one food group on the same day and all hell would break loose...

After reading some more on the subject I found out a lot of people on this forum do have gas/constipation/bloating when introducing rice. Oh well!

For me it's NOT worth it, I am not a big fan of rice except for sushi and this was the main reason why I reintroduced it.

Archived