In the planning stages

DeniseB-NZ

Hi,

My name is Denise and I live in Massey, Auckland, New Zealand. I am in the planning stages for my first Whole30. I have read 'It Starts with Food' (or should I say listened to) and am now beginning 'The Whole30'. I am hoping to have everything in place to begin a new year with a new way of life. I gave up lollies (sweets) for a whole year once with the catch phrase, "I haven't had a lolly all year so I am not going to start now." Problem was that when that year ended so did the phrase. I want to make my new food plan a way of life.

At the moment I have a very poor diet and am using food as comfort. I am very aware of how bad it makes me feel but each time I feel bad I head straight back in for more of the same. I am looking forward to more energy and a brighter outlook. Pantry, refrigerator and freezer need addressing first!

Hello Denise, and it's great that your going to do a Whole30!

I finished mine December 8 and here are two things that really helped me:

--I discarded or gave away ALL non-compliant food. This was 3 and 1/2 large trash bags full!

--I signed up for the Whole30 Daily emails. They're packed with tips and information and are very inspiring. (And funny. Each day there's a digital treat for completing another day.)

I hope your Whole30 goes smoothly. I'm sure you'll find it beneficial.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've made it to day 4! Problem is that I'm just not hungry today. Struggled through my breakfast and have just realised the time and that I haven't had lunch. I am remembering to keep up liquids but struggling to find drinks I like so that I can replace the coffee and fruit juices. Didn't like the fruit tea I tried yesterday. I found it too much like tea and not enough like fruit. Will keep looking.

I am enjoying finding the retail outlets that are selling grass fed, organic meat. Cost more but oh the flavour!

Archived