Personal Chef

MimiBeardsley

Oh my goodness, wouldn't THAT be fabulous!?!  Hey, you do what you can.  I think you'll be surprised how easy a lot of cooking is - maybe get some mother/daughter bonding time out of the experience as well if she teaches you to cook some of the meals?  I guess it depends on your relationship - for some people it would be better to stay far, far away!

There are meal delivery services in parts of the U.S. that will deliver Whole30-compliant meals to your door.  I'm sure it's pricey!

It doesn't matter HOW you do it, just THAT you do it.  And make sure your mom is clear on the program so she doesn't accidentally toss in any off-plan ingredients while cooking.  Some creative cooking types need to be reined in!

Cheers,

-Lauren

Hiring my mother to cook for me. I'll plan the menu, I'll buy the food, but I can't cook. Honestly.  I am the worst. 

I challenge you on that line of thinking. You can learn to cook, and even enjoy it!  (and I agree with Lauren's statement:  having someone else cook for you risks off-plan ingredients ending up in your meals)

You don't need to be a gourmet.

- Make friends with a crockpot.

- The Whole30 book has simple recipes, plus there are more in the recipe sharing section of the forum

- Check out Mel Joulwan's website for lots of Whole30-compliant recipes (note: not all her recipes are Whole30 compliant - she typically labels them as such)

• Moderators

You are right. I shall try

I never used to cook... I"d toast a bagel and put cheddar cheese on it for dinner every night and the best of my 'cooking' would be dumping things into a pot to make chili occassionally. Now that I make every. single. thing I put in my mouth, I've become a great cook. Nothing fancy but it's really inspiring and motivating to have skills to be able to feed yourself real, whole food. Maybe a mom/daughter cooking class? The Jamie Oliver cooking school on Youtube is great for things like knife skills and other basics. I"m with GFChris, I totally think you could do it and shine!

Agree. I still stink at cooking unless I'm making Whole30 food. It's kind of weird, actually. Learn to cook Whole30 food and you're set for life. No reason not to have mom come help out, but take the opportunity to learn, too. You'll be astonished that it's actually quite empowering. If I can do it, anybody can.

Update! My mother really wanted to help me, so She put the Kalua Pig in the Crock pot. She did add Smoked paprika to it. Just like you warned. Not off plan, but not in the recipe, also she turned it off too soon and I have been puking and cramping all morning. So congratulations on being wise people!

• Moderators

Update! My mother really wanted to help me, so She put the Kalua Pig in the Crock pot. She did add Smoked paprika to it. Just like you warned. Not off plan, but not in the recipe, also she turned it off too soon and I have been puking and cramping all morning. So congratulations on being wise people!

Oh dear!!

Well, lesson learned I guess? Yucky way to learn it but sister, anyone can put a hunk of meat into the crockpot and follow the directions... yes, even you! And then you'll have control over what you're eating and how it's being cooked. It's actually quite satisfying! I hope you feel better!!!

Archived