BayPlay

I'll be starting my first Whole30 on New Year's Day. My family normally does a big brunch or dinner that day, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a few "special" dishes I could serve that are Whole30 compliant. Fun, healthy twists on traditional dishes or dishes that won't scare off the whole family right away would be great.

Thanks in advance!

For brunch (I'm hosting one tomorrow!), I'll often make an egg casserole/frittata with (compliant) sausage and roasted potatoes, or turkey cooked with Mel Joulwan's sunrise spice and sweet potatoes, something like that. Tomorrow I'm also making a kale salad (greens for the New Year!), with roasted hazelnuts, dried cranberries (or dried cherries, but those are more expensive; either are hard to find without added sugar, FYI) and a citrus vinaigrette. Deviled eggs could also be good, any kind of meatball is very party-friendly - lots of options! Second the vote for checking out the rest of Mel's site.

If you want more specifics on any of those, let me know and I'm happy to give them. People LOVE that kale salad (which I totally ripped off from a local restaurant).

For brunch (I'm hosting one tomorrow!), I'll often make an egg casserole/frittata with (compliant) sausage and roasted potatoes, or turkey cooked with Mel Joulwan's sunrise spice and sweet potatoes, something like that. Tomorrow I'm also making a kale salad (greens for the New Year!), with roasted hazelnuts, dried cranberries (or dried cherries, but those are more expensive; either are hard to find without added sugar, FYI) and a citrus vinaigrette. Deviled eggs could also be good, any kind of meatball is very party-friendly - lots of options! Second the vote for checking out the rest of Mel's site.

If you want more specifics on any of those, let me know and I'm happy to give them. People LOVE that kale salad (which I totally ripped off from a local restaurant).

I'd love the recipe for your citrus vinaigrette!

Archived