Geralyn's 1st Whole30

Geralyn5

I am feeling not hungry at all. I only ate half my breakfast and I have zero desire to eat lunch. But I will - because I know I have to :)

M1: Pumpkin Breakfast Custard

M2: Shepard's pie left overs

M3: Meatballs with zoodles and tomato sauce. 

Hope y'all are having a great day!!

I'm with you....I'm on Day 11 of my second round and I wasn't very hungry this morning. I only ate about 1/2 of my breakfast. I did make myself eat my post-workout meal and I just finished my lunch. Again I wasn't starving, but I was starting to get tired and I knew I needed to eat. This happens to me around this point though. I kind of get sick of what I'm eating or maybe my body is just starting to work more efficiently, who knows;)

It seems like you are doing great and you have the program down! Prepping is the only way to manage if you ask me!

Thanks Michele!

I agree with the prepping part. It makes all the difference!

Dinner was fantastic and I was hungry for it when the time came, so I'm glad about that. And now I have a bunch of meatballs left over for the weekend, so that will make things easy.

I already made my list of food to prep this weekend, so I am ready for that. And I have Monday off, so I might brave the cold and go for a hike :) Looking forward to it!

Until tomorrow Whole30ers!!

• 2 weeks later...

OMG - my sugar dragon started screaming at me last night!! Everything has been great, and then BAM!! I even came to work last week to be confronted with a box of my favorite doughnuts from the local shop AND an event catered by our local Cookie Shop and was so strong - all my coworkers were like "I'm so proud of you!" "I couldn't do it!" "You're so strong!" and I was like "heck yeah I am!!!". But now...I want it all and cupcakes and everything!!!

I got over it last night and went to sleep. Today I am keeping myself busy...maybe this is that last ditch effort my brain is making...

Day 22!! So Close :)

OMG - my sugar dragon started screaming at me last night!! Everything has been great, and then BAM!! I even came to work last week to be confronted with a box of my favorite doughnuts from the local shop AND an event catered by our local Cookie Shop and was so strong - all my coworkers were like "I'm so proud of you!" "I couldn't do it!" "You're so strong!" and I was like "heck yeah I am!!!". But now...I want it all and cupcakes and everything!!!

I got over it last night and went to sleep. Today I am keeping myself busy...maybe this is that last ditch effort my brain is making...

Day 22!! So Close :)

Glad to hear your still going, you went quiet.

Well done on resisting doughnuts and cookies! you've not got too long to go now :-)

Glad to hear your still going, you went quiet.

I did go quiet! The days just flew by and when I got back on the forum 10 days had passed! - I am glad to see that you are doing well too!!

I am down to the final week, and am feeling great! Although this week I did not meal plan as well as I had the other weeks, and it had been a bit more difficult! So I am going to sit down tonight and plan out the rest of the week so I can be sure to finish strong! I have been so proud about the choices I have been making though - we had an internship fair today and lunch was provided, but I ate my own instead. I am going to the local coffee shop (which also serves beer) after work to meet some friends and am EXCITED to have some of their tea, and tomorrow I have a meeting over lunch at a used to be "regular" restaurant and have already looked at the menu and picked out my meal so that I can bypass my "regular" choice!

Thank you Whole30 for all my NSVs and my ability to HAPPILY make good decisions about my food :)

• 6 months later...

And I am back!!

I completed my 1st Whole30 in the beginning of Feb, and never felt as good as I did while on Whole30. 

I tried to keep up with it, and sometimes did great - other times, not so much! I went through a breakup 2 months ago and realized I was back to my old ways - emotionally eating in excess! 

So today is day 2 of Whole30 #2. I am so glad to be back on track. My first Whole30 went off without a hitch! I felt amazing, lost about 15 lbs, had SO MUCH ENERGY!! and I am looking forward to feeling that way again!!

• 1 year later...

Y'all - I am doing another Whole30, and am loving it!! Day 14 for me right now. I fell off the Food Freedom train HARD this past year and am excited to be feeling better, sleeping better and losing the bloat! 

A group of gal pals are doing it for a 30th birthday challenge. However, the group I am doing it with just does not feel as into it or as supportive. We share a few recipes and pictures, but it just seems like no one really wants to talk about how they are feeling or their NSVs. So here I am , back to the forum, which was an AMAZING support the last time I did this. 

Thank you in advance for the amazing support!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been so glad to have you on the Whole30 (even if dayyyys ahead). Makes it easier knowing someone else is doing it as well. :)

I am traveling to NYC in a few weeks. I need to make a game plan. We did an AirBNB so will have a kitchen, but with a group of my aunt's friends, so will be interesting to see how restaurants go! May be side salads, baked potatoes and Epic Bars for me. 

Archived