Husband works Morning to Night...meals?

Jess30

My Husband and I are starting the Whole 30 on Monday (SO excited!) My hubs is a phys Ed teacher & coach. Some nights he goes straight from work to matches or games and isn't home until 930. Which means all 3 meals away from home. Breakfast & lunch he has access to a fridge & microwave, but at dinner he's on the run either on the bus to a match or a home game with very little time. Any tips on what he can pack for dinner on the road (no microwave, etc)

• Moderators

Here's a few ideas, but really, many things can be eaten cold. It's just a matter of what he wants to take. If he's left things in the fridge most of the day and only pulls them out in the afternoon to take with him, they should stay reasonably cool, especially if he has a cooler or insulated lunch bag. If he wants to have something warm to take for dinner, have him carry an empty thermos and pack some soup or stew or chili for him, and have him heat it at lunch time until it's good and hot and put it in the thermos at that point, and it should stay warm until he eats dinner.

• Moderators

Your husband may also need to consider eating 4 meals per day. When a person is busy and on the go for long hours, nutrition needs increase. It is similar to how there are pre- and post-workout meals added to the main three on days of workouts. 

Archived