A Newbies Day 1

Becca Smith

I'm taking the plunge and comitting to the Whole 30 lifestyle today! It's my Day 1 and I feel completely unprepared. My fridge is completely empty, except for the eggs and veggies that survived the clean-out yesterday. I was sad to part with my greek yogurt, cheeses, chocolate and left-over belgium waffles that I had made! I probably should have spent yesterday planning my meals for the week and going to the grocery story so I could start today strong, but spending the afternoon at a vineyard with friends aided that procrastination!

So, I am unprepared, not the best way to start a Day 1, but I won't let that be an excuse! Here's to hoping I don't cheat today and make it through all 30!!!

I would love to hear suggestions for breakfast on-the-go, and lunches that pack well, since I'm a teacher and get a very short lunch break!

-Becca :)

Well, you've got eggs and veggies so you can make it thru today! My favorite breakfast on the go is Egg Muffins, they are so satisfying and travel well. I'm also addicted to a cobb type salad with hard boiled eggs, avocado and roasted chicken...lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes for lunches as well as turkey lunch meat roll-ups or lettuce wraps with guacamole!

Thanks Andrea!! Those suggestions were really helpful in planning my next few days! I'm posting my menu for the next few days thinking it might be helpful if another newbie lands on this post, or if any of you advanced readers can offer some suggestions for some more meals!!!

Day 1 (Sunday):

2. Egg & Veggie Scramble (Fridge clean-out)

3. Chicken & Veggie Soup (4 Weeks of Fabulous Paleo Lunches)

Day 2 (Monday):

1. Bacon, Eggs, Avocado, Tomato

2. Chicken & Veggie Soup

3. Grilled Taco Salad (4 Weeks of Fabulous Paleo Lunches)

Day 3 (Tuesday):

1. Apple Spice Turkey Breakfast

2. Grilled Taco Salad

3. Spaghetti Squash Carbonara

Day 4 (Wednesday):

1. Supreme Egg Loaf/Muffins

2. BLT w/guac Lettuce Wrap

3. Crockpot Chicken Curry

Day 5 (Thursday):

1. Supreme Egg Loaf/Muffins

2. Chicken Curry

3. Rosemary Pot Roast, Cauliflower Rice, Asparagus

Day 6 (Friday):

1. Bacon, Egg, Avocado, Tomato

2. Rosemary Pot Roast

Congrats! You are off to a great start. What I do often, is cook extra the night before, or, pre-cook a few things so they can just be tossed together. I always have a large tub of mixed greens for salads, and pre-cook yams and meat, so I can just add a few bells and some nuts and I have something in 3 mins. Hope that helps!

Archived