Help me help my husband?

SamL

He's ready to quit on day 10. He's losing weight (and doesn't need to)and I'm telling him to up fat and protein. He started this with me to hopefully help with migraines. I don't want him to quit and though I've learned a lot, I'm not sure what EXACTLY to do for him. His work is physically demanding and he can't really take the time to eat ALL DAY LONG. Help?

• Moderators

This article has some tips for keeping weight on during a Whole30. He does have to eat. He may need to plan for four full meals in a day, at least at first, which may mean he's taking two or three full meals' worth of food with him to work. Does he get breaks at all? I'm assuming at least a lunch break. If he also gets 15 minute breaks, he can eat during those. But in general, if he needs to keep weight on and he has a physically demanding job, both of those factors mean he's going to need to eat a lot.

He also should probably focus on cooked vegetables, not salads or raw veggies. Carb dense vegetables at multiple meals every day (potato, sweet potato, winter squashes, root vegetables).

Archived