Very intense dreams...

rw1647

I'm about 2/3 of the way through my first Whole60 and ever since maybe week 2, I've been having very intense dreams most nights... To the point where it's actually detrimental to my sleep since I'm waking up very anxious and having trouble going back to sleep. I don't get enough sleep as it is (unavoidable at this time due to my schedule and my partner's schedule) so this is frustrating. Just wondering if this is something anyone else has experienced?

I've had the same problem! I'm on day 24, and having crazy intense, stressful dreams too. Although, for me, this is nothing new. I'm wondering if maybe eating close to bed time is the issue. I've read that you should stop eating 3 hours before your scheduled bedtime to avoid this issue, so that's what I'm going to try for the next few days, I think. Have you had any improvement lately?

Maybe a little bit. I've been taking melatonin and that seems to help, even though it's not supposed to help keep you asleep, just make you fall asleep faster, and also added in l-theanine, which helps me a lot with anxiety. I unfortunately can't give myself more than 2 hours, sometimes less, between eating dinner and sleeping due to my schedule, but I've been trying to be better and give myself as much time as I can, which also seems to be being a bit. And some of it is cyclical, so since I'm mid cycle right now, it's naturally better. So next week I'll see if any of the lifestyle things are making a difference. It's just so frustrating because I'm chronically sleep deprived anyway due to my schedule so I get very protective of what sleep I do get! And I think in general I am sleeping deeper and falling asleep faster since starting this program... Up until last week I was eschewing my nightly 3mg of melatonin and had discontinued the l-theanine so those may just be things I need to continue.

Archived