Just realized I don't have time for 30 days...

Darkblue

I thought I'd be completing my 30 days on Tuesday... It seemed a little short to me but I didn't even check. Turns out I will only have completed 23 days, now that I have looked closer at my calendar (idiot). I have a deadline because I'm leaving my kids with my parents while we go to Hawaii and I had it all arranged to have theirs and my reintroduction (10 days) complete before we left. Well, I guess we are just doing a whole 23 then.

I'm so frustrated... It has been so much effort! Is it better to stretch out my whole30 and just scrap the reintroduction, or is it better to have a proper reintroduction and a shorter "whole"?

My boy's skin issues seem to have cleared up substantially, so even if it is just a 23 day thing I think it has cleared his system enough to be able to analyze the reintroduction. As for me, I think my skin issues are 100% pregnancy related because they have not cleared up one iota on this meal plan.

You're kind of in a tough situation. You truly can't say whether your skin issues aren't food related, because you haven't yet completed the program.

If your boy's skin issues have cleared up, why wouldn't you keep him eating this way?

What has felt like so much effort for you? Perhaps we can offer tips to simplify?

If you continue your Whole30 only until you're in Hawaii, you risk feeling badly when you eat off-plan foods for the first time while you're away.

• Moderators

Neither way of doing it is really a better option than doing a proper W30+reintroduction when you get back from your trip.

In order to minimize feeling unwell on your trip, it would be recommendation to start reintroducing food... the ones that really impact you, I"d stay away from on the trip and then I"d come home and restart....

GfChris I plan to do my son's reintro and see which food is the culprit for him. It is a challenge to keep a 1.5 year old off the Cheerios permanently. Going to any social event is a risk because people like to feed babies and babies like to feed their selves. So, if I can figure out which food it is that causes issues, it will be much easier to stay away from that one instead of all of them. i will definitely keep him on whole foods mostly because I have leanrned how to do it and it is without argument the way to go, but I don't want to be stressed or if he gets his hands on a corn chip or a piece of bread now and again.

As for me, yeah I'm in a tough spot. I'm either going to be eating pared down chicken and lettuce salads with balsamic for 10 days, or else I'm going to be eating regular food and feeling gross. In my own kitchen I know how to make it work, but ordering food for 10 days will be tricky. I think I have a plan:

I'll reintroduce over the next 10 days, take note of what feels wrong. Then stay away from those things while on vacation but not worry too much about the other things. Then when I am settled back in my house I will start another round with the proper 30 days.

There is no denying how great I feel eating this way... Which is a wonder being 16 weeks pregnant and no nausea or bloat in at all. I still wear my regular jeans and that has not happened before. So, it works, and I'll pick it up again. But I think for my trip i am going to just enjoy the sushi and shave ice for a few days.

Archived