Overeating?

• Moderators

What makes you think it's a serving 'more than you need'?

Can you give an outline of some of your days of food including portion sizes and content and we can see if something sticks out?

I hate to say it but usually in these types of threads we end up finding out that the person is actually not eating enough and thinks they are because they come from calorie restriction/counting and a dieting mentality.

Do your meals get you more than 4-5 hours between or is it about dead on 4ish hours that you start to feel hungry again?

What results are you looking to see? What is your motivation to do the Whole30?

This is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled with tomatoes, two pieces of bacon, one cutie, water, coffee

Lunch: salad- 2 handfuls baby spinach and romain mixture, 3/4 cup diced roasted potato, 1.5 cups cut up chicken breast, 7 cherry tomatoes, 7 slices of cucumber, 1/2 cup sautéed mushrooms, hot sauce, 1/2 cup of homemade ranch. Water

Snack: rx bar, water

Dinner: egg scramble- olive oil, 3 eggs scrambled, 2 peices of bacon, 1/2 avacado, 3/4 cup diced roasted potatoes, hot sauce, 1 banana, 3/4 cup strawberries, 2tbs almond butter

It is usually 4-5 hours between meals. My schedule dictates when I eat more than hunger. I would say I get hungry after 5ish hours.

I have noticed that my skin feels softer and I seem to have some energy back.

I am doing whole30 to try and get out of my crazy cycle of binging and feeling awful about myself and using food to make me feel better. I feel as though I am addicted to food, especially sugar and carbs. I want to have a healthy relationship with food. I have worked very hard to starve my sugar dragon and not eat fruit or rx bars when I'm having a craving. I want to lose weight and feel better in my clothes, have energy, and live a balanced life.

Also, I do hot yoga 2-3 times a week.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate any guidance.

• Moderators

Your meals honestly look pretty good.  I would suggest getting more veggies in at breakfast time and maybe some avocado for additional fat.. nutrition is cumulative and while your lunch looks really good, I would say that it's likely that you need to eat more because you're snacking... RX bars are for 'stuck on a dingy in the pacific' emergencies, which I sincerely doubt you were... 

That said, what part of this do you feel is overeating as was your original concern... what did you eat in this day that you felt was a serving more than you needed?  I wouldn't recommended eating ANY less than this and in fact adding a bit more protein, fat and veg to each meal wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Great to hear about your skin and energy!

I felt very full after my dinner. The scramble was piled high on my plate and I still ate the fruit and almond butter. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive to overeating because I know it's been such a problem for me in the past. I also had someone at work tell me that my salad was full of calories the other day. I'd made an extra big salad that day that included everything mentioned in my lunch salad previously plus two peices of bacon and two boiled eggs.

Thanks for the suggestions and for validating that I'm on track. :) Feels good to be more in control.

• Moderators

Okay well ignore anyone that talks about calories, much less calories in SALAD.  We don't care about that stuff around here... hogwash!

You may want to consider ditching the fruit and almond butter... couple reasons... a: they don't do a thing to help kill any sugar cravings/dessert habits etc..

b: it sounds like you were eating for sport at that point..

I would leave the fruits off and put more veggies (non starchy, like green beans, mushrooms, tomato) in your scramble... 

I love how people make rude comments about the size of my salad and yet say nothing to the person eating a big mac, large fries, and a coke.  It's so interesting.

Mldunkle, my salads are gigantic and I hear negative comments about them all the time.  I usually use at least 2-3 cups of assorted greens (spinach or romaine are in my fridge this week), a full grilled chicken breast, a hard boiled egg, 1/2 an avocado, and 5 moderately sized strawberries sliced on top.  I usually top with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic.  Funny, the same people that say negative things about the size of my lunch have also been the ones commenting about how good I've been looking lately.  Trust the template.  It works.

Archived