Woke up this morning all woe is me...

lauragh13

I am on Day 11, actually. Had a tooth extraction and bone graft done in prep for dental implant. 3 days later I went on a Girl Scout overnight to NASA - I'm the leader, couldn't exactly back out! Plus it was super fun, but a bit stressful bringing my own food, then my carpool decided to stay for the whole second day, and I didn't have ENOUGH food. Plus with all the activity my toothless pain was outta control Ack! I ended up living on Larabars and fruit and almond butter (thank GOD for those individual packets I threw in my purse!). No nuts because of toothless hole...

ANYWAY, this morning I got up, feeling like crap. I didn't want to make a real breakfast, only wanted sweet creamy coffee and toast with jelly. Maybe even hot oatmeal! With maple syrup! Felt like after that weekend, maaaannnn, I totally deserve just a little sweet and low in my coffee...

But NO!!! I can't start over now! I made my scrambled eggs w ghee, chopped fresh off the plant organic tomatoes and topped them w olive oil, vinegar and chopped avocado. Threw in a handful of raspberries for a treat, and my breakfast was so beautiful and delicious. AND the painkillers kicked in... AND over bfast I read the blog and link about making homemade coffee creamer out of coconut milk and egg....ooohhhh!

THANK YOU WHOLE 30!!!!! I know today I will continue to feel great despite the toothless pain. Plus, HA, my fellow GS parents were so interested when I was eating fresh, interesting looking food and they were eating cafeteria food - I kind of downplayed it and said it was anti-inflammatory diet, partly for my arthritis and partly for my tooth, but as they asked questions they all got a LOT more interested. Ha! I might have sold a few of your books for you. LOL!

Laura, happy she didn't cave, happy for her fresh wonderful delicious breakfast, thinking gleefully about what interesting new thing she will make for lunch and dinner...have a fresh from the plant eggplant to use...

That is SUCH a great story and I love the explanation you gave to your parents to not go too deep until they really got positively interested. :) Hope your tooth gets better soon. Can you direct me to the coconut milk/egg creamer post? I remember reading it, but haven't been able to find it. My daughter is looking for something non dairy to put in her coffee and she hates the way coconut cream leaves puddles of oil on the top of her coffee.

Oh, and calling it "anti-inflammatory" has been great! Makes it sound a little less crazy-fringe. Hahaha! Not to mention that it's completely accurate, and people like the "30 days of eliminating everything that might cause a reaction, then slowly re-introducing each thing separately to see what causes problems." See how reasonable? Systematic! Smart! Yes, not crazy at all, and of COURSE now they won't pressure me to have wine with them or help eat the dessert...because I'm so reasonable and smart and taking care of myself without being all freaky like those obnoxious people who make a big deal about not eating gluten. Har har. Little do they know...

Archived