HedyF's Journey (April 11 was Day 1)

HedyF

I hear ya on the need to vary the meals to keep the palate interested!

You may already be using these already...but just in case, these are my favorite places to find W30 compliant recipes:

www.nomnompaleo.com

http://meljoulwan.com/category/recipes/whole30/

(She also has two amazing cookbooks: Well Fed and Well Fed 2 that have delicious recipes in them)

Whole30 cookbook

Practical Paleo cookbook

Thanks for the info @habitualpurpose .. will definitely check them out.

Day 14:

Meal 1: 4 eggs, sweet potato over kale with tobasco (surprisingly, the tobasco made it very tasty)

Meal 2: leftover pork with salad of tomato, spinach, and cabbage

Mini-meal: tunafish, avocado, tomato

Meal 3: leftover port with various vegetables

Day 14 was very unusual in that I was tired (haven't felt that in a while) and feeling tempted by to off limit foods (which had not been tempting me before). I think I was feeling off because I did not have a lot of sleep the night before (waiting up for family members to come home from trip). Never knew how less sleep would be so impactful!

Day 15:

Felt so much better in the morning after getting usual sleep!

Meal 1: 4 eggs over spinach and sweet peppers

Meal 2: hard boiled eggs (running out of protein) with vegetables

Meal 3: Whole30 pot roast with steamed cauliflower, kale, homemade mayo

Loving the mayo .. make a difference in alleviating food boredom.  Will next be making some guacamole, etc.

I signed up for the daily email from Whole30 and I am so loving it!  It is so on target on what I may be feeling, what to expect, resources .. there was a lot of thought and work put into it.  I also love the silly humor ... yesterday's link to successfully completing the day was a Bon Jovi music video (Living on a Prayer) .. so perfect as I feel like I'm almost there!

Day 22

Haven't posted for a while .. been so busy .. but going nice and steady on the Whole30.  Can't believe I'm in my 4th week.  Also hard to believe but just this week I've been seeing the benefits of clothes fitting better, sleeping through the nite (first time, last nite), and my first food dream (it felt so real I was so upset when I woke up and realized it was thankfully just a dream).

I will be continuing on with this program, I think for another 30 days .. will see how it goes.

Recently discovered the blog site Nom Nom Paleo, and just loving it ... making meal boredom a lot less these days!

Oh my gosh - you're doing so well!  And you're going to keep going!  I think that's kinda the thing to do if one can.  I'm always amazed at how much sleep impacts things.  So, wow, your first good sleep, your first food dream, your final week....kinda slow and steady and then boom - you're here.

Great job!  I also just started recipes on Nom Nom Paleo.  I made the Cracklin' Chicken, last night. Didn't know you could make fried chicken without all the flour.  It really does make a mess of your stove top. 

I found a yummy chocolate chili that I've been taking to work for lunches, this week. Found it on Well Fed's website, meljoulwan.com.  I used bone broth that I got from Thrive.com. 

I'm also on the same page about keeping it going beyond the 30 days.  Not sure when or what I'll try to reintroduce. 

Reached 30 days!! and now continuing on ... at 34 day today!

@NealinSF .. thanks for checking in!  I feel like you and @Emma are my forum buddies having started on the same day.

Been so busy, but I knew I would continue so psychologically didn't see day 30 as the BIG day.  Congratulations to everyone who made it!  I want to continue long term .. will see how I feel on Day 60 .. it's funny, but lately I've been getting some cravings back .. this is a sign that I should keep going!

Overall, I wish I could have lost more weight than the 5 pounds, but I'm happy with it and I know I have to add in exercise.  So, for this next 30 day cycle, will look into incorporating pilates and see how that works.  Also, decided I would give up caffeine this round.  So glad I waited until now .. the withdrawal was so bad for a couple of days .. I think I'm reaching the other side.

Using a lot of recipes from Nom Nom Paleo .. I love her!  Today, I'm cooking the khalua pig (second time, and, so good).  For an occasional treat, I may make her banana/strawberry ice cream (sugarless, dairy free with only fruit and coconut milk .. sounds too good to be true!).

• 3 weeks later...

Well ... it's Day 49 for me.  Yesterday, for the first time, I ate coleslaw that had a little honey ... first time I ate something non compliant.  Let me tell you, I never felt worse than yesterday .. I was exhausted all day, low energy, couldn't focus .. and, the Sugar Dragon came back full force!  I not only wanted something sweet but was dying for bread (which is my weakness).  All this from a little honey that was in the coleslaw.  What does this tell me?  I don't think I can ever consume sugar again .. otherwise, I'm afraid it will stir up cravings for everything else I want to avoid. Does one ever slay the "Craving Dragon" for good when one goes back to eating non compliant food?  Personally, I'm really scared to!

It took this long to lose 5 pounds!  I'm trying to convince myself slow and steady is the best.  My clothes fit better, but nothing noticeable.  I want to lose another 5 to 10 pounds (10 pounds would be perfect!). I know I have to incorporate more exercise .. with summer coming, I will get to the beach daily which will be nice and more biking, less car.

HedyF,

Sounds like a good first experiment with reintroduction. I've tried beer and wine a few times. I pay for it the next day, but my recovery is quick. I've maintained my 30-day weight for 20 days with no variation which is good for me. I think I was just hauling around an extra 15 lbs in bread and beer fat.

Just out of curiosity, if you've lost 5 lbs since beginning, and you've been compliant for 49 days, do you really need to lose more weight? I know it's different for everyone.

Archived