Restarting Today!

hmg1993

Restarting today and hoping third time is a charm.  Previous attempts not a fail because this is hard, it was because I think I know everything, eat well etc. and didn't pay careful attention to labels -- i.e. the organic cranberries that I was sprinkling on my salad every day had cane sugar in them.  And, since my goal is to finally slay the sugar dragon, which triggers binging for me, I need to be laser focused on avoiding it for next 30 days.  Another thing I have learned from previous attempts is to go easy on the nuts and fruits.  Shoveling handfuls of cashews is neither a healthy snack nor healthy behavior, and just because I can have fruit doesn't mean four serving sizes.  I also need to train my body that I don't need a daily snack.  This is a work in progress but I know I can and will do this.  Anyone else restarting?  Any other tips?

• Moderators

Wow, I just love that you've taken all your previous attempts and learned from them to make yourself more successful! That's just great.

Remember, the key to not needing to snack is to follow the meal template... your meals should get you 4-5 hours between and you tweak and adjust until they do... that way, if you want to 'snack' for the sake of putting food in your mouth, you know you're not hungry so you just lean into the discomfort until it passes...

You can TOTALLY do this!

Archived