Today is my first day, Oct 1st

Dija

Hi all:

My wife and I are starting this today. I'll be posting mostly only about my meals, which will overlap a lot with hers, but not exactly.

Bit o' history:

Started out as a skinny kid, well there was that awkward baby phase before that...now I'm in a different awkward phase. I started gaining weight, and did a really good job of it for a long time. Now I'm whittling it back down. Last time I weighed I was down just over 40lbs from my all time maximum weight. I haven't weighed in a little over a month so who knows?

I'm male, 35 (36 in a few weeks)

I hit the gym usually 3-4x a week (I usually get to take my oldest son, which is a lot of fun for both of us.)

Sedentary job (programmer and I work from home)...aka nerd. It's OK, I've accepted it.

Been off/on Paleo eating for quite some time now, but never really fully committed. I'd eat great for several days/weeks, then I'd randomly hunt, kill, and consume a pizza buffet or some other neolithic "food".

So far today is much like any other day, sans pizza slaughter.

Breakfast: Left over beef stew. It's a paleo stew, just meat and veggies (turnips, diced tomatoes, carrots, green cabbage, celery).

Lunch: Bacon, eggs, and homemade coconut butter and an apple.

Does that look backwards to anyone else? I was in a hurry at breakfast, and had time to actually fix food for lunch, so that's how that happened...that's what I tell myself anyway.

Dinner: Planning on making a coconut based Saag and Chicken Tikka Masala. I might have to get a bit creative to get this to work out, but it should be fun and tasty even if it's not exactly traditional.

I'll have to double check some of my ingredients to be sure it's whole30 safe. I'm curious about the coconut yogurt I have. If it's not OK I have some coconut kefir I'm making that should do the trick...maybe. If not, I bet it'll still be tasty with out it.

For cream, we use the "put a can of coconut milk in the fridge and scoop off the cream" trick.

I somehow have managed to forget making my coffee today...not sure how that happened. I usually have the coconut cream in the coffee. I use a french press for my coffee and generally only have one cup a day.

Anyway, I'm excited to start this and have been wanting to get more serious about my feeding routines for a while now.

I think I might start a log over in the log section. Well, honestly right now I'm going to go start the process of making dinner.

Just wanted to intro myself and wave hi.

My husband and I did our first W30 (w27 for us due to a special banquet we waited for a year to attend) last month and it really helped to have a partner at home. We are continuing this month. Your stew sounds delish. Best of luck to you and your wife!

Hi <wave>

Nothing to say that you can't eat a more trad lunch at breakfast & vice-versa :) But I'd add veg to the lunch.

Good luck with the curry.

Definitely agree about the veggies. Which is why I went to the store at 6:30 this morning to stock up on some salad fix'ns for today.

Ended up just eating the stew for dinner, had to make some ghee and do some other prep work for the Indian foods.

My husband and I did our first W30 (w27 for us due to a special banquet we waited for a year to attend) last month and it really helped to have a partner at home. We are continuing this month. Your stew sounds delish. Best of luck to you and your wife!

Awesome! 27days is really good. Having my wife along with me on this journey was a bit of a surprise. She told me she'd do it with me for support.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived