Jamy's Whole30 Accountability Log :)

Jamy Smith

Hey Jamy

Your meals are looking so much better (and that roasted spicy orange pork loin sounds amazing BTW) - good to see you took our comments on board  :) 

Re the lack of appetite - this is fairly common for a lot of people at various stages throughout the program. Unfortunately not eating perpetuates the problem so our advice is always to try - plate up  a template meal, eat as much of it as you can (trying to get a little of each food group), and then eat the remainder as soon as you are able (ie. don't wait until your next meal time) - trust me on this, your appetite will soon come around again...  ;) 

Almost half way there!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 15 - Monday May 16th, 2016

Breakfast:

Ground Beef and Mixed Veggie Frittata.

1 banana

Lunch:

1 piece of Roasted spicy orange pork loin

Cauliflower "Rice" w/ mushrooms, onions, garlic and tomatoes

Green beans

Dinner:

1 piece of Roasted spicy orange pork loin

Cauliflower "Rice" w/ mushrooms, onions, garlic and tomatoes

Green beans

1 banana

Day 16 - Tuesday May 17th, 2016

Breakfast:

Raw carrots

4 hard boiled eggs

1 avocado

1 orange

***I was not very prepped for Breakfast, so all I could do was grab some quick and easy Whole30 compliant foods***

Lunch:

4 eggs, scrambled with broccoli and unsweetened coconut milk

1 banana

Dinner:

Beef & Mixed Veggie Frittata w/ peppers, onions, broccoli, mushrooms and unsweetened coconut milk

1 banana

Day 17 - Wednesday May 18th, 2016

Breakfast:

Beef & Mixed Veggie Frittata w/ peppers, onions, broccoli, mushrooms and unsweetened coconut milk

1 banana

Lunch:

Grilled chicken breast

Green olives

Cucumber & Tomato Dill salad

Fresh strawberries and kiwi

Dinner:

1 Lemon pepper baked white fish fillet (YUM!)

Butternut squash

Green beans

Roasted zucchini and yellow squash

***This dinner was AMAZING and packed with veggies!!!***

My pants are starting to get too big for me!  I LOVE it!!!  I had to tighten my belt another notch this morning, and that felt AMAZING!!!   :)

Day 18 - Thursday May 19th, 2016

Breakfast:

1 banana

Lunch:

Got stuck in a very long unexpected meeting at work, and didnt have anything to eat but an orange.  The good news is though that I totally ignored all of the bagels and gourmet pastries that were sitting on the conference room table in front of me for 3 hours during this meeting.  Win!

Dinner:

I was absolutely starving by dinner!

1 Lemon pepper baked white fish fillet

1 avocado

1 banana

Day 19 - Friday May 20th, 2016

Breakfast:

1 banana

Lunch:

Again, another meeting and I was totally unprepared.

1 banana

Dinner:

Starving!

1 very large Atlantic Salmon Fillet

1 avocado

Any chance you could keep an emergency stash of food at work for these situations? A pouch of olives, & some tinned fish or boiled eggs even? That way if there is some fruit you *kind of* have a meal... Not an ideal meal, but a meal nonetheless.

I am def going to stock up some food at work for these emergency situations.  Its very mentally tough having to wait until 6pm to eat if you werent able to eat lunch due to a long meeting.  Especially with all of the junk food that ALWAYS seems to be around our office.

Day 20 - Saturday May 21st, 2016

Breakfast:

4 eggs, scrambled w/ broccoli. unsweetened coconut milk and hot sauce

1 avocado

1 orange

Lunch:

Was stuck in the car for a majority of the afternoon, and all I had was a banana

Dinner:

1 grilled chicken breast

A heaping pile of roasted zucchini and yellow squash (finally ate all of it)

Green and black olives

A medley of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and kiwi

I have Epic bars and nuts stashed all over the place in case of emergencies - at work, in my backpack, even at the house. I've suffered tremendously when skipping a meal and won't let that happen again! I haven't used them so far but at least I'm prepared.

I am def going to stock up some food at work for these emergency situations.  Its very mentally tough having to wait until 6pm to eat if you werent able to eat lunch due to a long meeting.  Especially with all of the junk food that ALWAYS seems to be around our office.

The glove compartment in your car is another good storage spot  ;) 

You've coped brilliantly all things considered!

Day 21 - Sunday May 22nd, 2016

Breakfast:

Ground Beef and Mixed Veggie Frittata made w/ unsweetened coconut milk

Green grapes

Lunch:

1 banana w/ Almond butter

Dinner:

Sweet potato shepards pie made with grass-fed beef, green beans, eggplant, mushrooms, carrots, onions, garlic and italian parsley. (2 helpings, YUM!)

Day 22 - Monday May 23rd, 2016

Breakfast:

Ground Beef and Mixed Veggie Frittata made w/ unsweetened coconut milk

1 banana

Lunch:

Sweet potato shepards pie made with grass-fed beef, green beans, eggplant, mushrooms, carrots, onions, garlic and italian parsley.

Dinner:

Sweet potato shepards pie made with grass-fed beef, green beans, eggplant, mushrooms, carrots, onions, garlic and italian parsley.

Day 23 - Tuesday May 24th, 2016

Breakfast:

1 Banana w/ almond butter

4 eggs, scrambled w/ unsweetened coconut milk

Lunch:

Sweet potato shepards pie made with grass-fed beef, green beans, eggplant, mushrooms, carrots, onions, garlic and italian parsley

Dinner:

1 salmon fillet

Butternut squash

1 avocado

Green and black olives

Day 24 - Wednesday May 25th, 2016

Breakfast:

Was running VERY late this morning, so grabbed anything that I could.

1 Orange

1 Avocado

2 Hard Boiled Eggs

Lunch:

Sweet potato shepards pie made with grass-fed beef, green beans, eggplant, mushrooms, carrots, onions, garlic and italian parsley

Dinner:

Salad w/ spinach, carrots, cucumbers, peppers, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, 3 hard boiled eggs (sliced), 1 sliced avocado.

Dressing was made w/ EVOO, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt/pepper.

Day 25 - Thursday May 26th, 2016

Breakfast:

Was in a rush again, so not the typical breakfast I would like.

1 banana

Almond butter

1 orange

Lunch:

Grilled chicken breast

Green and black olives

Cucumber, tomato & dill salad

5 strawberries

Dinner:

Baked lemon & pepper white fish

Green beans

1 avocado

1 orange

Day 26 - Friday May 27th, 2016

Breakfast:

1 banana w/almond butter

1 orange

*Running behind again this morning*

Lunch:

Grilled chicken breast w/ homemade spicy salsa

Artichoke, grape tomato and black olive salad

Strawberries and kiwi

Dinner:

2 baked lemon & pepper white fish fillets

Butternut squash

Green beans

Day 27 - Saturday May 28th, 2016

Breakfast:

1 banana

*woke up not hungry at all*

Lunch:

Was out and about running errands.

1 banana

Dinner:

5 eggs scrambled w/ sugar snap peas, 1 avocado

Strawberries

Day 28 - Sunday May 29th, 2016

Breakfast:

Mushroom & ground italian sausage frittata w/ unsweetened coconut milk

Strawberries & green grapes

Lunch:

*Not really hungry at all*

1 banana w/ almond butter

Dinner:

Homemade meatloaf topped with diced fire roasted tomatoes

Roasted red potatoes

*The meatloaf had ground italian sausage, ground beef, ground turkey, minced garlic, green pepper, yellow pepper, onion, italian parsley, 1 avocado, 3 eggs, almond meal, unsweetened coconut milk.

IT WAS DELICIOUS!

• Moderators

Hey Jamy!

Looks like you're nearing the end... one last comment... not eating when you wake up not hungry and not eating three proper meals a day perpetuates not being hungry... there's definitely a pattern to seeing your meals when you're eating well you eat 3 meals a day and when you start skipping, you rely on fruit, nut butter and for an adult man, don't eat nearly enough... Your day 27 is extremely concerning...

Hey Jamy!

Looks like you're nearing the end... one last comment... not eating when you wake up not hungry and not eating three proper meals a day perpetuates not being hungry... there's definitely a pattern to seeing your meals when you're eating well you eat 3 meals a day and when you start skipping, you rely on fruit, nut butter and for an adult man, don't eat nearly enough... Your day 27 is extremely concerning...

Thanks for the feedback!  Yes, I am nearing the end.  Today is Day 30!  Its been a real challenge for me.  Some days are much harder than others, and some days it was VERY difficult to eat as much food as I needed to.  I have learned though that I do not need all of the junk and crap that I used to shovel into my face when I was bored or stressed.  I have also learned the importance of being more aware of what you are putting into your body, and the impact that it has on how you feel.  This has been a very enlightening experience for me.

Oh, and it only took me 30 days to figure out how to respond directly to a post........LOL.

Day 29 - Monday May 30th, 2016

Happy Memorial Day!

Breakfast:

Mushroom & ground italian sausage frittata w/ unsweetened coconut milk

1 banana

Lunch:

1 banana

Almond butter

Dinner:

2 Grilled grass-fed beef hamburger (no bun)

1/2 sliced avocado

1 large slice of tomato

Cucumber, grape tomato & onion salad w/ a homemade vinaigrette

Today was much easier than I thought it was going to be.  I had friends over for a BBQ for Memorial Day, and normally I spend the entire day eating food that I shouldnt, and consuming many beers or glasses of wine.  Instead, I ate a very healthy version of what I normally do, and poured Gingerade Kombucha into a wine glass and added 2 sliced fresh strawberries.  This was refreshing and allowed me to feel like I was participating in the festivities with my friends! 

Archived