Not Quite Getting Fats

Well I'm rarely hungry between meals, these days. I used to be a constant snacker (on bad things, of course) and an undeniable sugar addict. I've gone without sweets before but NEVER totally cutting out added sugars as well. So this has been an adventure, but I love it. Feel like the monkey's finally off my back. That's a big deal to me. I seem to be eating less, too. Is that normal?

Well I'm rarely hungry between meals, these days. I used to be a constant snacker (on bad things, of course) and an undeniable sugar addict. I've gone without sweets before but NEVER totally cutting out added sugars as well. So this has been an adventure, but I love it. Feel like the monkey's finally off my back. That's a big deal to me. I seem to be eating less, too. Is that normal?

Yes, another huge benefit of fat is that it will quash sugar cravings like nothing else will.

As to whether or not eating less is normal think of it this way - when you're eating nutritionally bereft food your body will still be hungry for nutrients regardless of how much you've eaten and so it's possible to eat large amounts of calorie dense sugary/carby foods without feeling full. Switch to nutrient dense foods and it's not quite so easy to over-indulge because the body is getting what it requires and won't have that same feeling 'hunger' because you're giving it what it needs.

Archived