Am I eating too much fat?

I'm on day 12 and I've been adding a lot of fat in my meals to be able to hold up for 4-6 hours between meals. I cook my meat or veggies with oil/fat and I add a tbsp of either mayo or mayo based dressing on my salad and I also add an extra serving of fat such as 1/2 avocado or sprinkle of nuts or olives. I'm basically adding three servings of fat on almost every meal. I've tried adding just two servings of fat but I would get hungry within 3 hours or so. In the beginning I used to eat more starchy veggies and fruits to fill me up but since I've been cutting down on fruits and starchy veggies, I'm replacing them with extra fat. Am I eating too much fat?

No.

The fat you're using to cook your veg in is neglible, and many people add two fat sources to their meal. If you're holding out between meals without the need for snacks then you're on the right track. If 8hrs have passed and you could see your next meal far enough then I'd say it'd be time to cut back.

Starchy veg & fruit will not provide the same satiety. Fibre, yes. Satiety, no.

Don't fear the fat.

Thank you for the replies and I'm glad to know that I'm doing this right. Even though I enjoy eating all this fatty meals and not feel sick afterwards, I do get that greasy mouth feeling all day long. Would this eventually go away too?

Thank you for the replies and I'm glad to know that I'm doing this right. Even though I enjoy eating all this fatty meals and not feel sick afterwards, I do get that greasy mouth feeling all day long. Would this eventually go away too?

I'd imagine your body is still adjusting to the changes in what you're eating and that this should settle down. You could also try mixing up the fats a little to see what works best for you. Are you drinking enough fluids? 

Archived