This is my first time doing Whole30 and I am on Day 19 and feeling amazing. My parents took my brother and I to Universal on Day 13-17 of the Whole30 and I was so nervous about what I could eat. I decided to go to Trader Joes and PCC (A local Co-op) to get snacks prior so I did not feel deprived. Devoting a couple hours to preparing some bars (date/cashew/salt/cinnamon = amazing- go to http://www.stayfitmom.com/homemade-larabars/for recipe) and packing healthy snacks helped. I also asked for a refrigerator in the hotel room so I could go to the store and get some fresh food. 

We got to Universal and THERE WAS SUGAR EVERYWHERE. It was like a treasure hunt finding NO sugar in foods. The good news is that it is DO-ABLE. My parents were considerate and choose restaurants that had options (usually salads with chicken or shrimp). The waiters probably got annoyed with all my questions but the truth is, I will never see them again! I also splurged on the "apples and greens" smoothie which was just fruit and veggies blended, from Jamba Juice. 

This was an eye-opening experience for me. So much sugar is in not only the bucket of donuts, but in beef jerky, dressings, and sauces. My awareness was heightened as to all the sugar people around me were consuming. YES it is vacation but it doesn't mean your diet should go completely out the door.

My family is pretty healthy but even they consumed a lot of sugar! 

The truth is, if I could be on the Whole30 in Universal Studios, than ANYONE can, especially since it is my first time doing the Whole30. Best of luck to all you travelers and remember to prepare some snacks beforehand and stay strong!

All the best, 

Katy

Archived