Bam! Let's do this again. Round 2 here I am!

Jager07

Day 48 is won and done.

It's been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster today because my dad's in the ICU in Tennessee, where he lives.  Lots of calls with the sibs and hospital.  I was planning to fly up there immediately and now it looks like it would be best to wait a week or so.  Still stayed on track even tho I didn't feel much like eating.  Here's how the day went down:

Breakfast:  spinach and mushroom frittata, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  a hamburger, small fried potato with clarified butter, cabbage slaw.

Dinner:  salmon bites, veggies, black olives.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Jager07 said:

Day 48 is won and done.

It's been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster today because my dad's in the ICU in Tennessee, where he lives.  Lots of calls with the sibs and hospital.  I was planning to fly up there immediately and now it looks like it would be best to wait a week or so.  Still stayed on track even tho I didn't feel much like eating.  Here's how the day went down:

Breakfast:  spinach and mushroom frittata, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  a hamburger, small fried potato with clarified butter, cabbage slaw.

Dinner:  salmon bites, veggies, black olives.

You're doing a fabulous job dealing with the strong emotion of the situation, but also reasoning that you are best to continue fueling your body with the best food possible.  I'm proud if you for forging forward, even though you don't feel up to eating.  

You have support and friends here--  sending positive vibes your way.

1 hour ago, MrsZimm13 said:

You're doing a fabulous job dealing with the strong emotion of the situation, but also reasoning that you are best to continue fueling your body with the best food possible.  I'm proud if you for forging forward, even though you don't feel up to eating.  

You have support and friends here--  sending positive vibes your way.

Thank you so much.  That really means a lot.  :)

Day 49 is won and done.

It's been another day of lots of calls trying to figure everything out with my dad, doctors and relaying the info to my brother and sister.  So glad we're all on the same page.

I've discovered that my go-to during stress is just as damaging as overeating.  I don't eat.  After a year of tracking calories and food on my phone, at least 90% of that time I was under the number of calories I was supposed to have for my height/age/activity, etc. (1200/day).  Ditched that app.  Yes, I knew I was supposed to eat, but just didn't feel like it.  Yesterday and today have been a lot like that.  Who knew that one of my "slide back into old habits" to avoid wouldn't be cheese, alcohol or salty snacks, but simply not eating.  This commitment and community have kept me accountable....a HUGE part of why I love W30 and why despite the stress, I stayed on track the last couple of days.

Thank you for your example, your words of encouragement and for being part of this path to mutual success!

Here's how today went down:

Breakfast:  a hamburger with Cajun mustard, cabbage slaw, coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch:  salmon bites, mixed veggies, 1/2 avocado.

Dinner:  chicken salad (W30 may, celery, onions, seasoning), mixed veggies.

Day 50 is won and done.

Woohooo!  It's exciting to be this far along on the second journey, aka Wholexx (kudos to WholeDave :D).  The sound of that means lifestyle to me, which is my true intention here.  It's still such a fun, interesting and discovering process. 

Made a boatload or maybe 7 pounds of boneless beef ribs again with the toss together of whatever seemed like a rub and then baked those bad boys for 4 hours.  They were scrumptious and I'm already thinking about breakfast.

Here's how the day went down:

Breakfast:  finished up the mushroom and spinach frittata, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:   leftover chicken salad from last night, lots of broccoli.

Dinner:  at a restaurant...a lovely salad with cucumber, avocado, onions and a light EVOO dressing, topped with fire grilled chicken.  It's become natural to order club soda with lime when we go out to eat and I see that as a positive lifestyle change, too.

Day 51 is won and done. 

Whipped up one of my fave go-to meats....hamburger with homemade spaghetti sauce.  I'll happily be eating that for breakfast for a while.  Here's how the day went down:

Breakfast:  potato, spinach, egg scramble, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  baked ribs, broccoli with EVOO dressing.

Dinner:  spaghetti with meat sauce, small fried potato with clarified butter, mixed veggies.

Day 52 is won and done.

It was another two meal Sunday.  Perfect.  Fried up some chorizo and ground turkey, then added those bad boys to spinach, fajita seasonings, onions and eggs for a fabulous breakfast/lunch frittata.  Bonus is that our breakfast is set for a few days.  Went to Chili's after worship with friends and I was starving.  Swapping out menu items at restaurants has become much more natural and I've found the wait staff is very accommodating when you're cheerful about it.  :D  Here's how the day went down:

Breakfast/lunch:  frittata, coffee with coconut oil.

Dinner:  at Chili's....10oz sirloin, baked potato, roasted asparagus, club soda with lime.

On August 18, 2016 at 10:25 PM, Jager07 said:

Day 49 is won and done.

It's been another day of lots of calls trying to figure everything out with my dad, doctors and relaying the info to my brother and sister.  So glad we're all on the same page.

I've discovered that my go-to during stress is just as damaging as overeating.  I don't eat.  After a year of tracking calories and food on my phone, at least 90% of that time I was under the number of calories I was supposed to have for my height/age/activity, etc. (1200/day).  Ditched that app.  Yes, I knew I was supposed to eat, but just didn't feel like it.  Yesterday and today have been a lot like that.  Who knew that one of my "slide back into old habits" to avoid wouldn't be cheese, alcohol or salty snacks, but simply not eating.  This commitment and community have kept me accountable....a HUGE part of why I love W30 and why despite the stress, I stayed on track the last couple of days.

Thank you for your example, your words of encouragement and for being part of this path to mutual success!

Breakfast:  a hamburger with Cajun mustard, cabbage slaw, coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch:  salmon bites, mixed veggies, 1/2 avocado.

Dinner:  chicken salad (W30 may, celery, onions, seasoning), mixed veggies.

Girl- you're awesome! I'm so proud for you that you connected the dots and realized what you were doing. Kudos and a high 5! 

Day 53 is won and done.

While my husband isn't doing W30 100%, he's still an awesome support.  I'm excited that he's working out with a trainer once a week and that we're both on a track to be healthier versions of ourselves. 

Breakfast:  frittata, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  hamburger with spaghetti sauce over sautéed mushrooms, topped with black olives.

Dinner:  fried hamburger with Creole mustard, small potato, cabbage slaw with balsamic/EVOO.

Day 54 is won and done.

Hired friends - a husband and wife team, to install some new lighting in the house today.  They know my 3 years of health issues and were super happy for the results I've been experiencing during Wholexx.  I served them the last of the frittata and the wife asked for the recipe.  Low-key approach on why this is working for me and not being weird about it seemed key.  Again, cutting out sugar, soy and crap doesn't equal boring food.  Quite the opposite because I think a lot of us are looking for interesting and fun things to make and maybe a bunch of our friends are stuck in the same old eating pattern. 

Breakfast:  frittata, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  hamburger with spaghetti sauce over sautéed mushrooms, cabbage slaw with balsamic/EVOO.

Dinner:  baked chicken, small fried potato with clarified butter, mixed veggies.

Day 55 is won and done.

A good day because my dad's out of the hospital.  Yay!!  Here's how it went down:

Breakfast;  frittata, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:   chicken salad, LOTS of cut veggies.

Dinner:  hamburger with spaghetti sauce, small fried red potato with clarified butter, mixed greens.

Day 56 is won and done.

Started the day with a workout with my trainer, which feels amazing.  I will almost always exercise at the end of the day, but mixing it is good, too.  Here's how the day went down:

Breakfast:  hamburger with spaghetti sauce over sautéed mushrooms, coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch:  chicken/tuna salad, raw veggies.

Dinner:  baked chicken, small fried red potato, cabbage slaw with balsamic/EVOO.

Day 57 was barely won and done.

My dad is back in the hospital and I'm waiting for word on if they're doing bladder surgery tonight.  My heart hurts and I want to make sure all of his friends and family know how he's faring.  Will be heading to Tennessee Sunday for about 10 days.  My heart and head hurt for his struggle.  This is my dad.  Aaaaangst.

NOT eating during stress is my go-to and I'm fighting it.  This is my dragon.  We fought hard today.

I H'd  (personal thought to not say "HATE") almost every minute of eating today, but here's how the day went down:

Breakfast:  chicken/chorizo/eggs, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  chicken/tuna slaw, celery, broccoli, olives....really forcing eating

Dinner:  baked chicken, cauliflower with balsamic/EV))

Day 58 is won and done.

Spent much of the day on the phone with doctors and family about my dad...and trying to pack.  Also putting thought into how to not be weird about my eating when in Tennessee, surrounded by people who want to feed me.  Any and all input is appreciated! 

Here's how the forced eating (necessary because I don't eat when stressed) day went down:

Breakfast:  3 ingredient muffins (berries, mashed bananas + 4 eggs), coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  tuna salad, mixed greens.

Dinner:  baked chicken, cabbage slaw with balsamic/EVOO.

Days 59 and 60 are won and done. 

I was a bit MIA yesterday and the flight plans got changed unexpectedly...flew out today.  The good news is that I'm camped out at the hospital in Tennessee with my dad.  It's going to be a long week and I'm praying for his speedy recovery.

Here's how the days went down:

Day 59:

Breakfast/lunch:  egg scramble, coffee with coconut oil.

Dinner:  ribs, mixed greens with balsamic/EVOO.

Day 60: 

Breakfast:  eggs, veggies, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  at the airport - Greek salad with grilled chicken and EVOO.

Dinner:  at the hospital cafeteria - salad bar with grilled chicken, EVOO.

A bonus about the cafeteria here at the hospital is that they have a make-your-own salad bar.  I also planned ahead and brought the coconut oil I've become so accustomed to having in my coffee each morning and 2 compliant salad dressings.

It was pretty exciting starting a new journal Saturday to log my food.  It's the little things that mean so much and help me stay focused. :)

6 hours ago, Jager07 said:

A bonus about the cafeteria here at the hospital is that they have a make-your-own salad bar.  I also planned ahead and brought the coconut oil I've become so accustomed to having in my coffee each morning and 2 compliant salad dressings.

It was pretty exciting starting a new journal Saturday to log my food.  It's the little things that mean so much and help me stay focused. :)

Excellent planning despite the stress of the situation.  

There are silver linings in the little things like a salad bar and a new journal. :) So glad you are with your dad.  I know that brings you both comfort. 

Days 61 and 62 are won and done.

Not easily, but they were.  It's possible and even very beneficial to hold yourself accountable to eating well during stress.  My dad got moved to a rehab facility this evening, where he'll be for about a week and the daily menu is drastically different in options from the hospital.  Every gravy-laden, grease-soaked, fried, deep-fried and chicken-fried thing you can practically imagine is available.  Not sure what they will serve him that will be considered "heart healthy" - the way his doctors want him to eat. 

It's going to get tricky, but I'm going to focus on staying compliant and here's how the days went down:

Day 61

Breakfast:  scrambled eggs, veggies, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  salad with grilled chicken and compliant dressing.

Dinner:  grilled hamburger with onions and mushrooms, salad with EVOO.

Day 62

Breakfast:  scrambled eggs, coffee with coconut oil (tried some fried potatoes, but they were gross).

Lunch:  salad with lots of veggies and chicken, compliant dressing.

Dinner:  grilled chicken patty (it was dry and kind of yucky), big salad with lots of veggies and EVOO.

Day 63 is won and done.

Yesterday was supposed to be my "weigh day" but I'm in Tennessee with a very sick dad.  The priorities couldn't be more obvious.  I get that we're obsessed by the scale.  Here's the thing....my 82 year old dad is begging to gain weight.  He's 5'6" and 123 pounds.  He's been constantly trying to gain weight for the last year, doesn't feel healthy and would happily be 150 lbs.  How many of us would gladly give him their weight?  Would it be out of health or vanity?  The angst and pain on his face, knowing he isn't a healthy weight is heartbreaking.  The awesome thing is that every nutritionist, dietician and nurse support his stated goal to weigh more. 

It could be a lack of sleep, my dad's health crisis or thinking about my mom's passing just 6 months ago, but my #1 priority when I get home will not be to weigh myself.  When random strangers comment on my glow, hair health or posture like they've done for the last week...shouldn't those be factors as well as the labs?

All that said, I walked the half mile to the grocery store for a bunch of veggies, only to be told by rehab staff that there is no fridge for visiting relatives.  Stephen and my sibs have already been suggesting I stay in a hotel and I've been fighting it, but finally gave in.  A night in a hotel with a real shower and a real bed tonight is like heaven.  Good news is that my veggies came with and are tucked safely away in my room fridge for breakfast.

Here's how the rest of the day went down" 

Breakfast:  scrambled egg, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  compliant hot dog, broccoli slaw, compliant dressing (so yummy!)

Dinner:  at the hotel - grilled hamburger with onions and mushrooms, baked red potato.

18 hours ago, Jager07 said:

my #1 priority when I get home will not be to weigh myself.  When random strangers comment on my glow, hair health or posture like they've done for the last week...shouldn't those be factors as well as the labs?

Awesome plan! I still haven't weighed myself after nearly 3 months and don't plan to anytime soon. We get so obsessed with a number, as if that is the only indicator of our health and success at changing habits and lifestyle. Go with the glow! It's the best feedback you can get :)

Thanks, Dave!  Nice job with your own relationship with the scale.  I guess it might be a bit like the off-roading experience...enjoy it for what it's worth and be done with it.  I think it's great to see people's shift in thinking about the scale after doing W30.  Pretty sure I never thought I'd change my scale habits and definitely am glad I did!

Day 64 is won and done.

It was a glorious night's sleep at the hotel.  Came back to the rehab center refreshed and found my dad doing much better than yesterday.  He didn't spend today sleeping and is making progress with the physical therapy. 

It's amazing what you can do with some planning.  I've been away from home since Monday morning and have stayed on course with all of my eating.  Double entendre with "all."  All meals have been compliant and I'm still eating 3 meals a day,  It seems like a stabilizing thing.

Breakfast:  boiled eggs, broccoli slaw, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  Cajun sausage, broccoli slaw with EVOO dressing.

Dinner:  canned chicken with mustard and cracked pepper dressing, cabbage slaw.

9 hours ago, Jager07 said:

It's amazing what you can do with some planning.  I've been away from home since Monday morning and have stayed on course with all of my eating.  Double entendre with "all."  All meals have been compliant and I'm still eating 3 meals a day,  It seems like a stabilizing thing.

Wonderful news on your father!  May he keep gaining strength and get back to good Heath.

isn't it amazing how sometimes we feel so out of control with our eating, yet you are SO in control of you food in an otherwise not-so controllable situation? It does give us stability to have control over something. 

Day 65 is won and done.

Kind of sleepy today because a side effect of my dad's medicine is shouting and talking all night in his sleep.  Since I'm sleeping in a chair about 3 feet away, it scared the crap out of me a few times.  Some of his friends stopped by and then this evening some others took me to dinner with them.  It felt good to be out for a bit and for all of us to share stories about my awesome dad. 

Breakfast:  Cajun sausage, broccoli slaw, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  canned tuna with mustard, cabbage slaw with cracked pepper EVOO.

Dinner:  at a pizza place - Italian salad with olives, lots of veggies and a few pepperonis.  I wasn't even tempted by the pizza.  That's huge progress!  The salad was delicious and I enjoyed each little pepperoni piece.  :)

Archived