Bam! Let's do this again. Round 2 here I am!

Jager07

Day 133 is won and done.

Here's how the day went down:

Breakfast: mushroom and egg scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  pulled pork with chipotle mayo, mixed greens with onions, mushrooms and tomatoes.

PWO/Dinner:  a hamburger with pickles, onions and mustard, spring mix with balsamic/EVOO.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Days 134 and 135 are won and done.

Yesterday we went to our first UT football game, tickets compliments of Stephen's company.  It included a buffet in the Clubhouse and I checked the menu ahead of time.  I dabbled with potato salad that wasn't that tasty, had a beer and ended up giving most of it to Stephen.  The real treat was the brisket, jalapeno sausage, and pork shoulder.  I even had a piece of provolone cheese, which was glorious.  I'm working on understanding what Food Freedom looks like for me and it feels really good.  I'm not going to buy cheese yet, but that little slice of provolone heaven was exactly what I wanted and totally worth it.  I didn't overthink what was in the sausage...yes likely there was sugar, but it was scrumptious.  No guilt was had by eating yesterday.  I also felt no need to weigh myself last night or this morning as some sort of warped validation or punishment for my food choices....how awesome is that?!

So here's how the days went down:

Day 134

Breakfast:  onion, baby bella mushrooms, egg scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  baked chicken, spinach and spring mix with balsamic/EVOO.

Dinner:  Greek salad with lemon chicken and lemon/EVOO.

Day 135

All day:  buffet.

Days 136 and 137 are won and done.

Busy couple of days and loving the cooler weather (70's) we're having.  Sleeping with the windows open is fabulous.  We went to our friends house for dinner last night.  She asked me last week if I had any likes/dislikes and we talked W30.  I didn't make it weird, just gave some basic info about how we typically eat.  They spent 20 years as missionaries in Honduras and eat and live simply.  Super awesome because she made the entire meal without sugar or dairy.  How kind was that??  She even asked her daughter what to make for dessert - yummy fruit salad. 

Here's how the days went down:

Day 136

Breakfast/Lunch:  egg, mushroom scrambo with homemade pico, coffee with coconut oil.

Dinner:  meatballs, mashed potatoes, mixed greens with mushrooms, sweet red peppers, onions, tomatoes and balsamic/EVOO.

Day 137

Breakfast:  hot dogs with mustard, sweet red peppers, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  baked chicken , fried red potato with ghee, sautéed spinach.

Dinner:  fried hamburger, leftover salad from last night with balsamic/EVOO.

Days 138 and 139 are won and done.

Every other Thursday I go to work with Stephen.  Because of the upcoming holiday, it ended up being yesterday.  We end the day at a podunk sausage place/restaurant 45 minutes from home where they serve $2 beers in frosty mugs.  I've decided it's worth it (queue whatever FFF music...probably The Cure).  I'm still not weighing myself tho I feel I may have gained a couple of pounds back - hope they're muscle from working out and will know when the gym checks me in January.  Ditching alcohol on a regular basis is a big key to Wxx working for me.  I know it hits me, drains me and that we need to be long-distance friends.  Soooo here's how the days went down:

Day 138

Breakfast:  2 compliant hot dogs with mustard, a bunch of celery (weird for breakfast, but that's what I was hungry for), coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  a fried hamburger with pickles, onions and chipotle lime mayo, sliced tomatoes with sea salt.

Dinner:  baked chicken, huge salad with balsamic/EVOO.

Day 139

Breakfast:  baby bella mushrooms, onion and egg scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  sausage and brisket with guac, small salad.

Dinner:  baked chicken leftovers, salad with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and balsamic/EVOO.

Days 140-142 are won and done.

I did my paper journal and am now finally putting it here.  Crazy busy couple of days, but they were great.  Here's how they went down:

Day 140

Breakfast:  baby bella mushroom and egg scrambo, coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch:  chicken and wild mushroom sausage, salad with balsamic/EVOO.

Dinner:  pork shoulder, sautéed spinach with ghee.

Day 141

Breakfast:  a fried hamburger with pickles, onions and homemade pico, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  baked chicken with peppers and onions, small spinach salad with Tessemae's cracked pepper dressing.

Dinner.  salmon with slice lemons, small fried red potatoes with ghee.

Day 142

Breakfast:  a fried hamburger, small salad and coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  baked tilapia with Cajun seasoning, roasted Brussels sprouts with ghee.

Dinner:  egg, potato and chorizo scrambo topped with black olives and guac.

Days 143 and 144 are won and done.

Per usual, Sunday was a 2 meal day and seemed to go by really fast.  It's good keeping busy with outside lawn stuff now that the weather has cooled down.

Day 143

Breakfast/lunch:  leftover potatoes and chorizo with a couple of eggs, coffee with coconut oil.

Dinner:  rotisserie chicken from the store, fried potatoes, salad with Tessemae dressing.

Day 144

Breakfast:  fried hamburger, spinach salad, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  canned tuna with onions and Thrive mayo over spring mix.

PWO/Dinner:  baked short ribs, spinach salad with balsamic/EVOO.

Days 145 t0 151 are won and done.

Life's crazy as always and I've been paper journaling so don't feel too bad about not popping in here quite as much to post.  Working on what Food Freedom looks like in Jodiland so I can finish the year strong and continue this journey with success.  There are so many success stories out there and the Wxx community continues to amaze me.  I also still love not having food guilt or scale guilt.  Yay!

Days 152-155 are won and done. 

I've been to the gym, reconfigured my plan and have decided to get back to the stricter Wxx on Monday.  Lots of family stress, including heading to Tennessee later this month with my brother and sister to clean out my dad's house.  Emotions are all over the map and I'm working to stay on track, but know that the best version of me will be recommitting to the tough love of Whole30.

After my workout today, I headed to the grocery store for everything I need for a successful reboot.  Also looking into electric smokers because....  1.  I live in Texas and smoked meat is practically an art form.  2.  Sounds like an awesome new hobby.  3.  Healthy way to cook meats and veggies.  4.  Why not?

Also got good news at the gym today.  I've gained a few pounds, but they are all lean muscle mass.  I've dropped another percent of fat mass.  My next goal is body fat percentage below 35.  I easily wore jeans yesterday that haven't fit in 2 years.  Win. 

Tomorrow we're attending a conference where I'll see friends we haven't seen since summer.  I have an incredible new dress and am pumped about the confidence I have.  This journey is ever changing and gratitude inspiring. 

I'll be back to posting my actual food diary soon and in the meantime am planning a superdeduper reboot. 

Days 156-158 are won and done.

We didn't make it to the conference on Saturday because we were both under the weather.  Stephen had the flu all weekend and I just felt achy.  It was a rainy and all around gloomy type of weekend so staying in felt cozy.   I sort of picked at stuff in the fridge....the chicken, pico de gallo with shrimp and some other things I had made. 

Today was reboot day.  Yay and here's how it went down:

Breakfast:  egg, mushroom and spinach scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  chicken and wild mushroom sausage, field greens with onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and black pepper dressing.

Dinner:  baked chicken, pico with shrimp, sautéed asparagus with ghee.

Days 159 and 160 are won and done.

The reboot is feeling really good.  Today being one ending in a "0" means a celebration (per WholeDave :)).  Being on track is definitely making me feel more productive in the rest of my life, too....back into organizing things (mainly closets and cupboards).  The garage is next. lol.

Day 159

Breakfast:  egg, mushroom and spinach scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  canned salmon with chipotle lime mayo on celery.

Dinner:  baked tilapia, mixed greens with balsamic/EVOO.

Day 169

Breakfast:  egg, mushroom, onion and spinach scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  salmon with chipotle lime mayo on celery.

Dinner:  pork shoulder - seared with jerk seasoning, then slow baked, fresh green beans sautéed with bacon. (omg, dinner was yummy!)

Day 161 is won and done.

Now that I'm getting a bit more organized with stuff, decided to try another Whole30 recipe for dinner and it was fabulous!  Here's the recipe:  http://barefootprovisions.com/blogs/bare-blog/squash-apple-and-sausage-hash#.WErbuU0zXIU  I modified it and used a Granny Smith apple.  While the pork was cooking I added garlic from a jar, rubbed sage and Krakow Nights (a Polish seasoning from Penzey's) to it.  The kitchen smelled heavenly with apple/squash roasting and the flavors from the pork.  The end result was that it was delicious and surprisingly sweet, as if there was brown sugar in it.  The combination of flavors was perfect. 

Stephen has decided we should start rating our W30 meals so we can come back to our favorites.  He gave this one a 10/10.

A word about peeling and dicing a butternut squash (since I've never done that before).....it's harder than it seems...or maybe I need sharper knives.  At any rate, it takes a fair amount of time. 

Breakfast:  egg, mushroom and chorizo scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch"  salmon with chipotle lime mayo on celery.

Dinner:  Whole30 Squash, Apple and Sausage Hash, fried fresh green beans. 

Days 162-165 are won and done.

We've been a bit under the weather the last couple of days and eating fell by the wayside in favor of tea.  I also let Stephen talk me into pizza.  It was okay, but not great.  Comforting on some level, but after just one piece, I opted for leftover squash, apple hash.  That felt good for my mind and my body.  I didn't feel guilty for having the pizza and I also didn't feel obligated to make a healthier choice.  It felt pretty natural.  The lack of drama, remorse, "should I?" stuff has been replaced with a better mindset.  I'm not 5 and asking someone for permission.  Food freedom feels really awesome. 

• 5 weeks later...

So after a much needed hiatus from posting, a very long trip to Tennessee to clean out my dad's house and a boatload of other crap, I decided to come back to the best form of external accountability - all of you.  I've done some off-roading, haven't jumped off the cliff in my flying suit and know that I feel my absolute best when tightening the reins on Wxx, which is what the next 30 days is. Today is my first official post of the new year and we're calling it Day 195.

Day 195 is won and done.  Here's how it went down:

Breakfast:  egg and mushroom scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  fried chicken with onions, sweet red peppers and guac.

Dinner:  OMG this was fabulous!  Mexican Twice Baked Potatoes from the Whole30 Cookbook, with guac of course.

Day 196 is won and done.

It was a long day on the road with Stephen and I packed my meals last night.  Not even tempted by the frosted mug beer he had at our little roadside country diner and the waitress thought it was great I brought my own dressing (she even gave me a tip for how to improve it).

Here's how the day went down:

Breakfast:  leftover Mexican Twice Baked Potatoes, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  garlic fried chicken, cabbage salad with balsamic/EVOO.

Dinner:  dinner salad with onions, tomatoes, grilled chicken and balsamic/EVOO.

Day 197 is won and done.

Wholexx inspires me to clean, organize and get rid of stuff - which is what I spent a good chunk of today doing.  It feels great.  Here's how the day went down:

Breakfast:  the last of leftover Mexican twice baked potatoes, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  chicken and pork sausage from a local butcher, cabbage salad with balsamic/EVOO.

Dinner:  grilled chicken, Italian blend greens with onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and a mustard/balsamic/EVOO dressing

Days 198 and 199 are won and done.

My schedule has changed a bit this year so instead of Sunday being my two meal day, it's now on Saturday.  This is also my second week of trying a new Whole30 recipe.  Both have been fabulous.  Here's how the days went down:

Day 198

Breakfast:  spinach, onion and egg scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch/Dinner:  homemade chicken soup:  canned chicken, chicken broth, cayenne, green onions, black peppers....and for a healthy fat a handful of olives.

Day 199

Breakfast:  boiled eggs, fresh green beans, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  a hamburger with mustard, cabbage slaw with balsamic/EVOO.

Dinner:  Thai Red Beef Curry with Green Beans from the Whole30 Cookbook (SO scrumptious!), had a little almond butter after for a healthy fat.

Day 200 is won and done.

As my friend Dave says, any day that ends in "0" is a cause for celebration.  Yay!  :D

I forgot how bizarre dreams can get when being strict about Whole30.  Man, the last few nights have been crazy and so real.  Despite that, I've slept incredibly well and have woken up refreshed.

Here's how today went down:

Breakfast:  twice baked potato filling (hamburger, cauliflower rice, potato, spices), coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  pork and chicken sausage, mixed greens with onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and balsamic/EVOO.

Dinner:  Tacos al Pastor (without the tortillas), guac, peppers, onions and tomatoes.

Days 201 and 202 are won and done.

I've been feeling like garbage due to a cold/sinus stuff that seems to be going around.  The only thing I've take is a non-Sudafed decongestant, ibu and lots of tea.  Haven't felt like eating, but am forcing myself to stick to the plan, knowing I'm committed and that it'll make me feel better sooner. 

Despite not feeling well, the hamburger I took out of the freezer today and was frying for spaghetti meat smelled funky.  Only after adding the onion and garlic and spices did I taste it.  Yep, it was bad.  Thankfully I had a chicken in the fridge and ended up baking that instead.  Now that I've sprayed the house with Eucalyptus essential oils, we don't smell the hamburger any more.  Sheesh! 

Day 201

Breakfast:  egg, spinach and onion scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  hamburger with onions and guac, a big salad with cracked pepper dressing.

Dinner:  pork and chicken sausage, sliced tomatoes and sweet red peppers drizzled with balsamic/EVOO.

Day 202:

Breakfast:  egg, spinach and salmon scrambo.

Lunch:  a hamburger (fresh, not frozen and yucky) with onions, mustard, pickles, black olives and a handful of raspberries.

Dinner:  baked rosemary chicken, salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and cracked pepper dressing.

Day 203 is won and done.

Got back into the whole spaghetti sauce/meat mood again.  Used 2 pounds of ground chuck, pureed 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes and added a boatload of garlic, onions and spices.  It's one of my favorite go-to meals.  Here's how the day went down:

Breakfast:  egg, spinach and onion scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  pork and chicken sausage, big salad with cucumbers, onions, tomatoes and balsamic/EVOO.

Dinner:  meat/spaghetti sauce over zoodles topped with black olives.

Day 204 is won and done.

Yesterday included another session of no-nonsense "time to get rid of stuff,"  This time the target was the two tiered lazy susan cupboard that houses my plastic containers/lids.  Three full plastic grocery bags later, I have everything we need, it's organized and not falling off when it spins.  Those bags got dropped off at Goodwill today.  That was the third cupboard this week that got stripped down and put back together with a fraction of what was in there before.  Whole30 has inspired me to take inventory of more than what I put in my body for fuel.  It's made me rethink and simplify so much of my life.....physically, emotionally and mentally.  Love that!

Here's how yesterday went down:

Breakfast:  spinach and egg scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  meat/spaghetti sauce over zoodles topped with black olives.

Dinner:  fajita turkey with guac and sautéed veggies.

Days 205 and 206 are won and done.

The weekend absolutely flew by and that was great since we got a lot of stuff around the house done.  Here's how the days went down:

Day 205:

Breakfast:  fajita turkey, sautéed veggies, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  a hamburger, mixed greens with mustard/balsamic/EVOO.

Dinner:  meat/spaghetti sauce over zoodles topped with black olives.

Day 206:

Breakfast:  pork and chicken sausage, 1/2 cucumber, coffee with coconut oil.

Dinner:  fried Opah with smoky citrus salsa, red potatoes, salad with balsamic/EVOO.

Day 207 is won and done.

We've been trying at least one new Whole30 recipe per week and last night it was Jamaican Jerk Raspberry Chicken with Sautéed Plantains.  It was absolutely fabulous.  I'm not a big fan of dark meat when it comes to poultry, but this was terrific.  The plantains were sautéed in coconut oil with green onions....a delicious combo.

Breakfast:  fajita turkey, 1/2 cucumber, coffee with coconut oil.

Lunch:  a hamburger with pickles, onions and mustard, spring mix with balsamic/EVOO.

Dinner:  Jamaican jerk raspberry chicken with sautéed plantains.

Days 208 and 209 are won and done.

Pretty pumped that I hit my goal of one new W30 recipe and even added another one this week.  We had creamy mushroom soup tonight (used organic compliant mushroom broth) and it was fabulous!   https://paleopcos.wordpress.com/2014/03/30/creamy-wild-mushroom-soup-whole30-compliant/

Day 208

Breakfast:  a hamburger with pickles, onions and mustard, spring mix with mustard dressing, coffee with coconut oil.

Dinner:  fajita chicken with sautéed veggies and guac.

Day 209

Breakfast:  spinach, onion, sweet red pepper and egg scrambo, coffee with coconut oil.

Dinner:  baked chicken, creamy mushroom soup.

Archived