Only two meals a day

Kirsteen

I know it's strange to be asking this on day 28 but I intend prolonging to at least a W45. Before W30 I last ate breakfast over 40 years ago. I've never, ever liked eating in the morning. On W30 I made a real effort and had breakfast every day but it's got harder and harder as the days go on. No matter what I eat for breakfast (I've logged my food intake in the blog section) I feel tired, wiped out, nauseous, and uncomfortable for 2 - 4 hours.

If I don't eat in the morning I feel much better. I first get hungry anytime between 12 - 2pm when I have a meal. I next get hungry anytime between 5 - 7pm when I have another. I don't want to snack or eat between meals or anything like that. The past 3 days that's pretty much how it's been because my stomach has actually totally rebelled at the thought of food going into it in the morning.

Is it all right to just eat two meals a day or is there some reason I should keep forcing myself to try to eat when I really really don't want to?

• Moderators

Intermittent fasting is a different eating protocol that a Whole30. During a Whole30 we ask you to eat at least 3 meals per day and to eat your first meal within an hour of waking in the morning. Eating soon after waking is important to getting or keeping hormonal rhythms balanced and eating at least 3 meals per day is less stressful. That said, outside of a Whole30, you might find that skipping breakfast/intermittent fasting works for you. Here is an article that provides good details about when you should not do intermittent fasting... http://huntgatherlove.com/content/when-not-fast

Thank you for your reply. That was a really interesting link, I hadn't even thought of the way I was eating is IF. That's something I have done in the past but in a totally different way and not something I really planned on going back to. I will make a real effort to eat "something" for breakfast at least until I finish my W45 and see how it goes after that. thanks

I am another non breakfast person. Even as a child my Mum had to chase me to come eat my porridge. Now that I have retired I get up in the morning, make a cup of tea and proceed to put on day face and do hair, I then may walk the dog (weather permitting) and then have a mid morningish breakfast.

Eating just after I rise make be physically sick.

Archived