Starting Whole30 on July 25th!

Earoti

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On August 25, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Gigi In NOLA said:

I lost 13 pounds!!  In thirty days!!

YAY ME!! :D

Congrats @Gigi In NOLA! My husband lost about the same amount.

I've had a glass of wine 2 nights and hard cider another night. I probably should take it a little slower but I just love wine!! Our gluten free grains re-intro has gone well, but I'm very nervous to reintroduce gluten today. I'm even more nervous for dairy on Tuesday! I will report back with results!

Okay so the only marked difference with gluten (so far) is that I don't feel full at all. I have the urge to keep eating and have wanted to snack more than ever. I wonder if others have this reaction? I'm not bloated or super tired or anything luckily. My husband has also fared well which is shocking because his mother and grandmother have celiac!

Still very nervous for dairy, as is my husband. I actually had a dream that it was dairy reintro day and the dairy gave me diarrhea and didn't make it to the toilet in time at work :o:o:o. In the dream, I then ran to the principals office and locked myself in her bathroom until she brought me a change of clothes LOL! I hope my dream doesn't become true!!

Sorry to double post! Have an awesome weekend guys!

Congrats to everyone who completed the Whole 30! Yay us! Great to see all the NSVs!!! Nice to see some weight loss too ;) you all did awesome!

I think I learn something new every time I do a W30 and I try something different each time as I get used to eating this way in general. I learned that nuts make me breakout this time... Every time I had nut butter or cashews I would get a zit, so weird. I think 7 hours of sleep is just right for me. I can choose foods that will make me feel my best when I go out to eat. My blood pressure is back to normal again from really high! My doctor was about to put me on medication.  I just need to eat this way and cook for myself more because of this issue. My doctor and I were very happy. I was getting migraines again every week but now they are gone. My joints feel better too. I feel more organized at home. Maybe it's all the prepping and cleaning that gets done. I have a clear mind at work and no more afternoon sleepiness.  I worked out some but not as much as I would have liked. I hope to get better at eating healthy and working out together. I think I usually do one or the other. It was nice to not worry about the scale and beat myself up over it as I usually do and focus on eating good food. I did lose 8 lbs and lost 3 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my thighs.  

@KawaI started reintro on Thursday with gluten and I felt the same way! Not satisfied with my meal with gluten and wanted to keep eating more. I kept snacking on stuff. I had to just stop. I didn't feel bloated or tired either. But maybe if I kept snacking on the gluten I would get bloated?!  

Tomorrow I'm going to try non gluten grains.  Hope reintros are going well for everyone!

@CarliHope you feel better and that the autoimmune protocol works out for you.

@Gigi In NOLABreakups are hard. You did amazing with your W30 for you! Yay you for losing 13!

@ExpatElleHope you are having a great vacay! Enjoy.

@MuseMLove your nsv of having energy to play with your kids.

It has been so helpful to read up on everyone's progress during the past month! Thanks everyone!

So, I totally blew the reintroduction this weekend.  I did not do it right at all.  So, I'm not totally sure what made me feel bad - bread or dairy.  I am back to eating Whole30 style though with the occasional glass of wine here and there.  

Going to do another W30 in October and reintroduce properly.  All I do know is that I felt so much better when I was on program, so I'm going back to that and hopefully for good!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi Everyone.  So, first week after whole 30 and we've stayed mostly on plan any way.  Apart from the weekend where we went out for a meal (I still chose carefully but think my new potatoes had butter on them) and of course we enjoyed a bottle of wine.  I felt mildly hungover the next day but nothing major.

We've introduced brown rice without any negative reactions but have steered clear from any gluten containing foods so far. (Actually I have, but my husband has eaten some fluffy white bread but doesn't seem to have reacted much).

Oh, and dark chocolate is back in my life.  85% cocoa without any soya though.

We're sticking with the bigger breakfasts but I have said my husband needs to help with food prep if he wants to stick with it - not fair that I do it all when we both work full time!!

Hope everyone is still feeling good and enjoying the benefits.  My tummy has been much better since I reduced the high FODMAP foods and I have been careful how I've combined them.  Still getting some lethargy and sleepiness but I will try and address that through diet after holiday.  2 sleeps and I'll be on a plane to NYC with my girlfriends!!

We were doing pretty good on our reintro, but last night we went out for happy hour with some friends. I had 3 glasses of wine (over 4 hrs), queso and fried chicken sliders. Needless to say I feel AWFUL today.  I made our grocery list for the week and we are going back to whole 30 approved items for the week. I hope I can get a little reset with my whole 7! 

Archived