I have been a gravy granules kinda gal for years and years.  Yesterday I roasted a joint of pork for pulled pork - I was freezing some of it and thought it could really do with some gravy but gravy granules are out.  I stood looking at the roasting tin with its fat and meat juices and all the lovely burned on bits in the bottom and thought 'how the hell do I turn that into gravy?'

Then I remembered another me .... the one that used to make things from scratch when my kids were little.  So I added the juices from the roasted Mediterranean veg, a little water, some garlic salt and some paprika and thickened with arrowroot..........Oh. My. Goodness!  Gravy to die for!

Counting it as fat with my meals as it is very fatty - but absolutely gorgeous :)

• Administrators

Nice!  You can also steam some cauliflower or put some carrots/onions under your piece of meat when roasting and then use an immersion/stick blender (or food processor) and blend the veggies with the drippings to make a delightful gravy also.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I always do the same as ladyshanny - whatever mushy veggies are left after cooking get pureed with the stock/drippings into a delicious gravy.  If its too runny I just cook it down.

Archived